6.23.2013

Sundays in my SWAMP


Unknown Mami

I was looking out my kitchen window this morning 
and saw that one of the trees out back 
had beautiful white flowers blooming on it.  

The branches are very high, so I couldn't pick any blooms.
I couldn't figure out what kind of tree it was.
I could tell by the leaves that it wasn't a magnolia, 
and the blooms were too big to be dogwoods.

So I asked hubby, who immediately said, 
"It's a bay tree.  They grow in Florida swamps."

And that definitely describes our home - 
a Florida swamp.

I knew he would know what kind of tree it was. 
His knowledge of the outdoors is practically encyclopedic.
Amazing.

Can you find the flowers?  There are three.
 I hope you aren't tired of seeing pictures of my caladium plants yet.  
Because I really love them, and they're doing so well.  
I have already been able to transplant some to other areas.

It's a good thing they thrive in the swamp.

It's so tropical and bright and pretty! 

Yes, I know, I need to weed.

Neat plant life.

I even love weeds,
especially when they're purple.

Wanna ride?

In case you couldn't find them,
here's your cheat sheet.
On Another Note: 
I have created a Zazzle store to raise money for Dusty, 
Shelbie's boyfriend who has t-cell lymphoma.
If you would like to order something, the link is below!  
ALL proceeds will go to Dusty's family.


www.zazzle.com/backinthebush

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I didn't know what a bay tree was either. I'll have to look for one now! How pretty! Enjoy your week my friend....oh, and your swamp! heehee!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Pretty!

And yes, I WOULD like a ride, thank you.

Tara R. said...

Your caladiums are beautiful. They look like lovely pink hearts.

Kat said...

That tree is just gorgeous. I'm semi obsessed with trees. I constantly want to plant trees around here and we are running out of room. The hubby is beginning to tire of my obsession. ;)
Wonderful pics!