6.09.2013

My Bargain Garden - SIMC


I had a really nice weekend.

Hubby and I did some thrifting on Friday (he is a great thrifter and spotted things that I had walked right by!).  But I wanted to do more on Saturday.  I asked him if he wanted to go, or if I should ask my mom to go.  He was more than happy to take a pass and stay home.  So, my mom and I spent the day thrifting, had lunch at Cracker Barrel, then made a stop at Lowe's for plants.

My main goal thrifting this time was to get containers to put plants into.  Not planters or pots, just various unique containers that COULD hold plants.  And I scored! Pails, dishes, even a big cooking pot.

This will be an ongoing project but I'm very happy with the beginning.  I also found two long strands of white Christmas lights, which I've put in the trees around "My Spot", the area where I put my firepit and am fixing up as my little corner of the world.


Then I went to Lowe's and hit up the clearance plant rack.  Basically, Lowe's takes the puny, pathetic, 1/3 dead plants, marks them way down and puts them on a rack.  They mostly  just need a little TLC and they'll thrive.  Not only did I get a bunch of clearance plants, I also scored THIS amazing bargain:

Sweet deal!

Doesn't look like much yet,
but now that they're planted and fertilized,
they will flourish.
Watch this spot!


A couple more thrifting finds....
this is stained glass chili peppers.

My kitchen theme is chili peppers,
so it's perfect.
This is a small metal table.
I got it to put outside,
but hubby wants it inside.
I don't know...
I think I'm going to move it outside anyway.


Hope y'all had a good weekend! 


Unknown Mami


P.S. This post was in no way sponsored or compensated by Lowe's.  However, Lowe's, if you would LIKE to compensate or sponsor me, hit me up!  =D


10 comments:

Tara R. said...

That sign still makes me laugh. Love the idea of re-purposing different items as plant pots.

Keetha Broyles said...

Wait, did that sign say new lower price 98 cents WAS 98 cents????

Can't wait to see how the plants spruce up your garden.

nancygrayce said...

Your spot will be beautiful! I don't have a spot because I do not have a green thumb!

I love the new/same lower price! Ingenious because I'll bet most people don't both to notice its actually the same!

Diane said...

Great bargain! LOL.

Look forward to seeing how you transform your spot.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your a wise shopper and I'm sure those plants are going to thrive!

Amy said...

I can't do plants. I look at them and they die. Potted ones at least. So I'm very very impressed!

Love your finds :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ha, hilarious sign.

I love finding bargains.

Kimberly said...

I didn't know that 98 cents could get any lower. Weird.
I love getting the misfit plants. They just need some lovin.

Kat said...

How fun! I just love gardening. :)

Claudya Martinez said...

I am laughing at that amazing deal.