7.14.2013

The Weekend


On Saturday, we had my niece Heather's Baby "Sprinkle".
(it's like a mini-shower.)

Sidenote: I totally dominate at shower games.
It's like my super-power.
Seriously.  Ask anyone.

It turned out really great and we all had a great time!

Layna & Me

Shelbie &  Me

Dusty & Shelbie
(I swear that boy will do anything for Shelbie!
Note the tiara)

That monkey cake was adorable!

We had a great spread of munchies.
 As I've mentioned before, my kids ADORE Hayleigh.  

Hayleigh & Elayna

Hayleigh & Shelbie

Hayleigh & Tim
 Hayleigh has a totally-not-secret admirer.  
These kids' parents are friends and they are very close in age.  
He looooves her.

She mostly tolerates him.


She prefers cupcakes.

Sprinkled with gifts =)

Hayleigh helped clean up after her Mommy's shower.
Such a good girl.
 These are my Mommies!  
Left to right, my Mother-in-Law, my Mama, and my second Mother, 
who I've known all of my life and spent half of my childhood at her home.  
Her daughter is one of my lifelong best friends.

photobombed by a kid!  
I was very happy that my mother-in-law came.  
Also, Heather's dad surprised her by showing up - 
he lives out of state and she had NO idea he was coming!

Now we're all ready for Baby Girl Number Two's arrival.

My son Tim spent the night with us on Saturday night.  I cooked a big meal for everyone and we hung out and watched TV.

On Sunday, we went to church, then had lunch at Steak-and-Shake, then spent the rest of the day at my Mother-in-Law's pool.  It was absolutely lovely.  We had several hours of sunshine, and I floated around the pool in full relaxation mode.  Aaahhh.  Niiiice.  

Hope y'all had a good one!

5 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Looks like a blast. And the food looks tasty too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Baby showers are the best and so are babies. Nothing better than a baby in the family....I'm patiently waiting!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. :-)

Kat said...

Well that sounds like an awesome weekend! :)

Aleta said...

Adorable pictures! What games did ya'll play at the shower?