12.14.2012

Holiday Fragments


Mommy's Idea


Had a very, very good week.



I worked Sunday Monday and Tuesday, 12 hour shifts, and feel more confident in my job every day.  The patients that other techs tell me will be my "problem child", I look at as a challenge and have them purring like kittens by mid-shift.  What can I say - I am accustomed to dealing with difficult men!




As of Wednesday morning I was off until Sunday evening.  I love the shifts that I work!




On Wednesday night, Hunter and I had both sets of parents over for dinner.  It was my mom's first time meeting Hunter's parents; my Dad met them at Thanksgiving but my Mom was visiting her sick sister (who is much better now!!!).  Anyway, the dinner went VERY well.  Our parents have so much in common and know so many of them same people.  I made lasagna and a green salad.  Hunter's mom brought texas toast and sweet tea.  My mom brought coconut cake (my request) and surprised me with her homemade fudge and a box of my favorite chocolate covered cherries!  I was feeling the love.  It was a very good night.






Thursday night was Elayna's first band concert.  She plays the flute and she did a GREAT job.  We really enjoyed it.  I wish I had pics to share, but we were far enough away that our pictures were just blurs.



Friday night we had another family dinner - at the last minute I invited my niece, her husband, and their daughter over for dinner.  Tim was here too and we all had a GREAT time!  I made chicken parmesan and spinach.  It was a big hit!  And we had a BLAST with Hayleigh.  Our home is pretty roomy and she crawled all over the place! She got a little bored and I couldn't resist giving her one of her Christmas presents early.  I shouldn't be allowed to shop until Christmas Eve- I'm so bad about not wanting to wait until Christmas!!  (I may or may not have also given Shelbie an early birthday present today. Sigh.)

she loved it! it plays music, lights up, etc. 

she loves her cousins and gave LOTS of kisses!


Tim ADORES Hayleigh and I love seeing him playing with her.  They had crawling races. She won every time!  She had a blast.




Right now Elayna is playing with my hair, trying out styles she's seen on YouTube.  I am tender headed and this is KILLING me.  The things you do for love!



We have a low-key but fun weekend planned.  Hope y'all have a good one too!
Don't forget to visit Mrs 4444 for more Friday Fragments!


8 comments:

Amy said...

That's twice you made Italian this week and didn't invite me :(

Anonymous said...

i love how happy you seem lately. it makes me happy for you. :)

Barb said...

If my nieces lived in my state, there's no way I'd be able to resist giving presents early! lol

Keetha Broyles said...

I used to LOVE it when my small children gave me "hair dos" - - - having them brush and play with my hair felt soooo good.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I can "hear" the happy and content in your voice as you post.

Lawn Boy has met my parents but will meet the WHOLE family when he comes home for Christmas with me. I haven't met his parents yet, but will do so when they visit in January.

Mrs4444 said...

Looks like you're holding down the fort over here--Good to know. I'm glad things are going well for you :) Thanks for linking up. Have a great week!

Kat said...

Sounds like a fabulous week. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a great week and glad the dinner went well with the parents.
I like your lightbulb separaters!
Merry Christmas...