9.24.2012

It's Where the Heart is. Also, the dog hair.



This week's listicles theme was 10 THINGS IN MY HOME.

My list is going to be all kinds of random, because random is pretty much my middle name.

1. Candles.  My home is always filled with candles, no matter where I live.  I love for my home to smell good and I love the warm feeling candles provide.

2. A dishwasher. And this makes me VERY happy.  Haven't had one in years!

3. Dog hair.  OMG, dog hair.  I could sweep and mop 24/7 and never be done.

4. Laughter.  So much laughter!

5. Love.  Lots of that too.  Unconditional.

6. Friends. I am continually amazed by my wonderful and supportive friends.  I love having them in my home.

7. Laundry.  It's a neverending battle.  At least it smells good (see #1 lol)

8. Food. I have been cooking some DEEEEELICIOUS meals lately.  And I plan on cooking another one tonight!

9. Music.  I can't deal with silence (or loud noise - I know, I'm a pain in the ass).  If I'm not watching something on tv, I need noise, and that comes in the form of music.  I love it, it keeps me going.  Cooking, cleaning, even sleeping - there's always background music.

10. Comfort.  We can be ourselves.  Goofy, bitchy, crabby, silly, whatever mood strikes us.  We don't have to impress anyone.  Because of #5.

Visit Northwest Mommy to join the Listicle fun!


15 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

LOVE this list!!

Jessica B said...

love your list :)

Jamie Miles said...

Sounds a lot like this place. And the dog hair. Oye vey. A black lab and white tile on bathroom floor. One of them was a very stupid purchase.

Unknown said...

#5 is certainly key but a dishwasher is also really good too! ;)

Stephanie said...

Oh the dog hair! Why don't our beloved 4 legged friends stop shedding in the winter. I'm with you, I could clean that stuff up every moment of every day and yet it keeps appearing everywhere!

Amy said...

Love and Laughter. Your girls are so lucky to have you!

Unknown said...

My husband always needs music too. I like quiet. My dog doesn't shed but I still get dirt...

Diane said...

All three of my dogs shed like crazy so I feel your pain on that. The things we put up with for the love of a dog. ;)

Love your list!

Kat said...

Sounds like a lovely home to me! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Can't get better then love and laughter!

Angelia Sims said...

Dog hair! I know just how you feel. It never ends and I love my dishwasher too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love #10 (because of #5) that's home for sure.

Jill said...

Great list. I'm the same way with music and/or backround noise. I need it at all times. I tried a day of no music and it was complete torture.

AudreyN said...

Oh the never ending battle with dog hair! I sweep DAILY and never get it all up! I'm contemplating shaving the dog, but feel its mean since winter is coming

Stasha said...

Love, laughter and dog hair. Sounds perfect to me!!