9.04.2012

Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner: Review & Sweepstakes



I confess: I love Dove products.  

 I have used them for years, 
from the bar soaps to the deodorants 
and everything in between.
So I was excited for the opportunity to review another Dove product.
This time, it was the Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner.



You may notice the package is all bent out of shape.  
That's because, by the time I took the picture, we'd already used it a LOT!  

When it arrived in the mail, the first thing I did was pop the cap and smell it.  It smells wonderful.  I wish I knew how to describe it, but it's not a fruity or floral scent.  Just a very clean, soap-like aroma.  Love it!



It's a thick yet weightless formula.  I condition my hair every time I wash it because I like for my hair to feel soft and free of tangles.  This conditioner was perfect for that!

We also took it camping with us last weekend.  I liked that it was in a lightweight, portable container.  It made it really easy to toss in the caddy and bring it along.
We swam in chlorinated water and lake water, and baked in the sun.  
Our hair definitely needed repair and protection, after all of that abuse!

After my 16 year old daughter, Shelbie, used it for the first time, I asked her how she liked it.
She said that she hadn't styled her hair after using it (obviously, since we were camping), but her hair definitely felt soft and she was able to comb through it easily and had no tangles.
Our hair looked great and never had that straw-like feeling it so often gets in the summer after the typical summer activities in Florida.

Instead of the dry, rough hair we often experience at this time of the year, 
our hair was silky-smooth.  

Dove uses a patented technology to achieve this; it penetrates deep inside the hair strand, helping rebind damaged proteins.
The patented Micromoisture Serum targets damage, 
repairing the surface of hair by sealing lifted cuticles.
It's available in two daily treatment conditioners:
a nourishing oil care daily treatment conditioner as well as the intensive repair daily treatment conditioner.
There are also other formulas that I'd like to try, like the Color Repair Conditioner - 
Mama colors OFTEN to cover up the gray!

Many conditioners that I've used in the past for repair of damage and dryness left my hair greasy.  It can be hard to nourish and moisturize your hair without leaving it oily as a result.  But Dove succeeded in that area as well.  My hair is soft, smooth, silky and shiny - not weighted down with oil.  

It feels great, and I think it looks pretty good!



me & Shelbie during our camping weekend

For more information about this and other Dove hair products, visit dovehair.com.

And now - what's in it for YOU?
We wanna know - what's the most important thing you look for in a conditioner?


Enter to win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:

a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt:
What is the most important thing you look for in a conditioner?

b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.

c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.

The Official Rules are available here.

This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2012 - 9/30/2012

Be sure to visit Dove®Hair.com to get a coupon for $1.50 off Dove Hair Therapy products.

Remember - comments here don't count - you have to follow the links!  GOOD LUCK!


No comments: