5.24.2011

Oh, Deer!


I just mentioned yesterday about all of the wildlife that hangs around our home. We are animal lovers, and we are so enjoying this. Today was the best of all, though.

While we were eating dinner, the dog started barking and running down the driveway (which leads to a large field). Elayna looked out the window and saw that the dog was barking at a big doe. The doe was jumping around, and at one point she ran away, came back, and then ran away again. About half an hour later, we had to leave, and when we got down to the end of the driveway, I saw something in the grass......



.....it was this baby deer!

It let me get close enough to take this picture with my cell phone, but then when I tried to touch it to see if it was okay, it jumped up and ran away, bleating at me the entire time! I am thinking that the doe was this baby's Mama, and I really hope they found each other again.

We're living in a wildlife lover's paradise!


Check out Amanda & Angie for more Wordful Wednesday posts!






14 comments:

Erin said...

OMG that's amazing!! I hope they found each other too!!!

Mamarazzi said...

aww...i hope they found each other too...so cool!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Oh that happened at my house when I lived in the Great White North! We lived next to an uncleared lot and the doe must have just given birth and was teaching her baby how to come out and get food... they heard us and the mama scampered back in the woods... I could see her and the baby hid behind the bushes in the corner created by the fireplace... we took picture... I'll have to go dig it out!

Liz Mays said...

How completely cute!!! So glad you were able to get close enough to snap the pic!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow you did get close. What a beautiful coat that baby deer has. How cool that you get to see that so often. Awesome.

tiarastantrums said...

oh so awesome! we usually see one of two fawns running through our front yard each year - it's so awesome!

Rebecca said...

I totally want to scratch him behind the ears. So so cute

And, I noticed you're a CSN Preferred Blogger......can you tell me more about that?

Whitney said...

Oh how precious!
My Mom lives in the woods and we've always had deer in the front yard. My parents would sit out on the front porch and the deer would come up in the yard to eat the corn Daddy would put out. They would have as many as 20 deer in the yard at one time!
I hope that little baby found his Mama.

Brandy@YDK said...

that's so neat

April said...

Be still my beating heart...that is too PRECIOUS! Y'all are SO lucky!

Stef said...

HOw absolutely cool. And beautiful. Dang dogs. We have one too and he chases away everything cool. What a great shot!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your the second person this week who had a baby deer picture. It must be that time of year.

Diane said...

Adorable! We live in a a wooded area and have woods all behind our house so we or the wiener dogs are always spotting something. I love it!

Myya said...

Oh my gosh that is amazing. Bambi is soooo sweet. I hope he found mama!