5.08.2012

Sexy Chick

I had an absolute blast today.  Hayleigh, my niece's 3 month old baby (can you believe she is THREE MONTHS OLD already?!?!), wasn't feeling well.  Heather had to work today, and her husband DJ, the new daddy, didn't want to take Hayleigh to the pediatrician by himself.  I had the day off, so my mother and I went with DJ to the doctor's appointment.

Now, my mother is very....proper, I guess you could say.  She is 69 years old and has probably never said the word 'fart' in her life.  There are certain things that, she believes, one should not discuss.  Most of us know this and are pretty good about what watching we say in front of her.


(My Mom & I talking.  Definitely NOT about farting, pooping, or sex.)

DJ, however, loves nothing more than to say things to my Mother just to get a reaction. 
 It infuriates my mom.

It makes me HYSTERICAL.  I literally laughed until I cried my makeup off today.

But the best part of all was this: my mother got a new-to-her cell phone today.  It was used but it's nicer than the one she has.  DJ was setting it up for her and discovered that the previous user had downloaded several ringtones.

Heh. Heh. Heh.  He started playing them and asking my Mom which one she wanted assigned as her ringtone.

I wish I could remember all of the songs that were played.  They were mostly hip-hop.  One of the standouts was "Riding Solo".  I kept picturing my 69 year old gray-haired mom pushing her shopping cart around Walmart and her phone suddenly playing "I'm ridin solo, I'm ridin solo"...can you imagine the reaction of the other shoppers?

But when we heard this song, we knew it was the one.  After I caught my breath again after laughing so hard I almost vomited, DJ and I decided (to my mother's utter mortification) that this was the song that my Mom absolutely HAD to have as her ringtone*.


 

*No, we did NOT actually assign that ringtone, as much as we wanted to.  My mom kept saying "You better not!  I won't use that phone if you do that!"  But oh, how I wish we could have.

5 comments:

Amy said...

OMGosh! Thanks for the laugh. My mom is the same age group and she is the same way (proper).

I could just imagine this with my mom. :)

Hope all is well in your world

Myya said...

Ohhh my gosh that is freakin HILARIOUS!!! I love messing with my mom, they are such easy targets.

Kat said...

Oh shoot. I can't play the video. I don't know what song it is. :(
It is always fun to mess with the folks, isn't it? My dad used to blush 50 shades of red if I uttered the word "boobs". heh heh

Sandra said...

OMG I'm howling just reading this! I love the picture where you say, "My mom and I definitely not talking about farting or pooping!" My mom is 67 and every once in a while I drop the f-bomb in front of her to watch her jolt!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

LOL! That is so funny. I can just imagine how flustered she would get.