3.02.2009

Weekend Wrap Up - 3.02.09

Friday: I did the second and final Book Sale to raise money for the March for Babies. I worked a 12 hour shift overnight Thursday, and then stayed an extra 6 hours for the book sale, so I was at work for a little over 18 hours. J got off at noon and helped me with the last of the sale & helped me pack up. We did well and I enjoyed the sales, but I am glad they're over! It was exhausting.
Friday night, we went to a Gator baseball game with my parents, and had a blast! J didn't think he'd like attending a baseball game, but he really enjoyed it and we plan to go back & take the kids.


Saturday: I slept in until I had to get up to get ready for the funeral. It was touching and beautiful, and very, very sad. I will never again hear the song "No Place That Far" by Sara Evans, without crying. That was his Mom's song for him. For those of you who don't know it, it starts out "I can't imagine any greater fear, than waking up without you here, and though the sun would still shine on, my whole world would all be gone......." It's a beautiful song. His sister's song for him was "Angels on the Moon" by Thriving Ivory, which was also incredibly poignant and emotional.
After the funeral, J and I ran errands and then snuggled on the couch, watching movies, until time for me to go to work. I don't usually work on the weekends, but I picked up an overtime shift.


Sunday: J and I had breakfast together, then I went home to crash. That afternoon, we picked up Spiderman from his Nana and then ran a few more errands. I did a lot of thrifting this weekend and found some great deals! The girls got dropped off at 8pm and the Princess was sick with a tummy virus. She took a long hot bath and then went to bed. Sunday night, Spiderman coughed all night, so needless to say both of the little kids stayed home from school today. J took off of work as well. We took Spiderman to the doctor because his cough was nasty and kept him up half the night. The Princess felt much better today though.


Now I'm back to work and the kids will be back at school tomorrow, and the whole routine starts all over again.

One more thing: go visit this blogger today, a wonderful person who I totally admire, and leave LOTS of comments for Tuesday!



I hope you all had a great weekend!

11 comments:

April said...

Just paid a visit to your friend...she does sound like a wonderful person!

So sorry your weekend had to involve attending a funeral, but I'm sure you provided the family with a lot of comfort by being there.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I always hate attending funerals on the weekend. My husband and I are on a funeral ministry at church and we "work' them...help food etc....they are the saddest on a weekend to me.

I'm headed over to visit your friend.

CC said...

What a weekend :( I'm going to visit now!

A New Yorker said...

Just popping in to say hello!

Aleta said...

I'm so sorry you attended a funeral, though from the way you described it ~ the person was well loved and the memories will be cherished....

Little GrumpyAngel said...

What a weekend you had...
Emblematic of what hurts and what's great about life.

Karen in Texas said...

We're not supposed to bury our children. My prayers are with the family. I first heard Garth Brooks' The Dance at my Aunt Shirley's funeral. Whenever I hear this song thats the first memory to come to mind for me.

Anonymous said...

All of the kids in this house are coughing like crazy too, and Pufferfish is on the nebulizer again. Can't wait for spring! I hope Princess and spider feel better by now!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I hope you are resting tonight. Really do!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

I read the post about the funeral and that is so sad. My heart goes out to his family. I couldn't imagine going through something like that. I have been fighting all weekend with my 3 month olds cough. Poor baby. Her first illness since she's been born.

Happy Tuesday!!

Aubrey said...

Wow. Just the few lyrics you posted made me tear up. So sad. I can't imagine.

I hope everyone is getting to feel a bit better and hope next weekend is a bit brighter!