11.26.2011

When I Wasn't Here....


*Tap, tap* Is this thing on?

It's been kind of quiet on the Blog of Dysfunction, but not at the Casa de Dysfunction.

I'll give you a brief rundown on what's been going on around here. Sort of like Shit I Did When I Wasn't Here, but nowhere near as cool. Because, hello? She's, ya know, The Bloggess. And I'm, ya know, not.

There have been Karaoke Nights, Double Baby Showers, Sixteenth Birthday Parties, Drag Shows, Epic Meltdowns, Bonfires, Concerts.
This is all in the past week.

Back in the woods where we live, there's a saying: It's not a party till the cops show up.
Last week we had a party.

There has been fighting and making up and breaking up. Strengthening relationships. Cutting ties.

My son Tim and I spent Thanksgiving at home, just the two of us. It was awesome. I cooked way too much food, and we enjoyed each others' company. It was a unique experience that will probably never happen again, and I enjoyed it.

And I am totally exhausted! I am on day 3 of 4 days off work, after working 9 days in a row. Getting a paycheck for a job that I LOVE is one of the best feelings EVER.

And I'm off to try to catch up with you.....and then I think it's time for a NAP!!

*Me & My BFF*



10 comments:

Unknown said...

I always look forward to hearing from you... Sounds like an epic week, a very long week! Good jobs with good pay cheques make ending the days off manageable. And you get to look forward to the day that not only do you get thanksgiving with your kids, but your grandkids too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So nice to see a post from you. I was just thinking about you this morning. Sounds like you are super busy. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds peaceful and lovely. Take care and God Bless.

Amy said...

I've been checking in thinking my blog updater was broken. Been missing you

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Hope your weekend has been wonderful!

Mrs. Tuna said...

Sometimes its great to have a small family gathering for a holiday. You can focus on each other.

Tara R. said...

You've been my mind a lot lately. I hope you are doing okay. Sounds like you're hanging in. I'm glad you and Tim had a nice time together over Thanksgiving.

myinnerchick.com said...

--I had NO IDEA that "Fun" was in dysFunctional.

Thanks for pointing that out :)) X

Helene said...

Wow, girl, you have been super busy!! How nice that you got to have Thanksgiving with just your son...I'll bet he enjoyed it as much as you did!!

Brandy@YDK said...

oh my. it sounds like you got a ton of stuff going on!

Shell said...

You've been busy!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I haven't done all of those things in the past ten years let alone in the last month. You deserve a few days off.