10.23.2011

Never Have I Ever....

{inspired by Mama Kat & The Pioneer Woman}

Man, this was hard for me! I don't feel like I've done that much in my 38 years, but I really had a hard time coming up with 22 things I had NEVER done. But...I did it!

I Have NEVER......

1. Had a younger sibling. I'm the baby of three kids.

2. Smoked. Anything. Seriously.

3. Seen snow. Florida born & bred.

4. Been to Hawaii. But I want to go.




5 Went scuba diving. I'm a big chicken. I have snorkeled though, in the Bahamas. It was wonderful.

6. Broken a bone, except maybe a toe but I don't know for sure.

7. Gone to a prom. My high school boyfriend - turned ex husband - didn't want to go, so we didn't. Sometimes I wish I had.


(other times.....notsomuch.)

8. Bungee jumped. And I never will. Extreme sports are not for me!

9. Had a bikini wax. Yowch!

10. Been to the Florida Keys, which is ridiculous considering I have lived in Florida all my life.

11. Lived anywhere but Florida (see above). I have only lived outside of the county in which I was born for less than a year, then came right back. What can I say? It's home.





12. Owned a brand-new car. Which is probably good since we practically live out of our cars, so it would only look new for about an hour and a half.

13. Pushed a baby out of my va-jay-jay. Three c-sections for me.

14. Gotten a real massage from a professional masseusse. But if you're looking for Christmas gift ideas for me.......

15. Watched Gone with the Wind in its entirety. I've been most of it but never all at once.




16. Milked a cow. I've been on a lot of farms, both sets of grandparents farmed, but they didn't raise cows.

17. Met my great-grandparents. They had all passed away when I was born, and now all of my grandparents have passed as well.

18. Been white water rafting. It sounds like fun, but again, I'm kind of chicken.

19. Drank moonshine, although one of my grandparents had a still. I also went to a mud bog recently (don't ask, there was nothing better to do) where some friends were passing it around but I declined. Ick.

20. Read any of the Harry Potter books or seen any of the movies. They just hold no appeal for me.




21. Visited New York City, and I don't have a burning desire to do so. It's not on my bucket list or anything.

22. Learned how to sew properly. I barely passed Home Ec. I can sew a button on if I absolutely must, but that is the extent of my skills.

Whew!! How about you? Have you ever????


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh i like this. i may steal it from you. you and i 'havent done' a lot of the same things. like prom.

Jennifer said...

I love it. I want to write one of these posts too.

And I can't believe you've never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen the films. They are just so good.

April said...

You have never seen SNOW??? Oh, girl...you have to play in it just once and you'll be hooked, I promise!

Claudya Martinez said...

Take me to Hawaii with you!

Unknown said...

I would like to send you all our snow... It'll be arriving any day now, and will stay til April. :)

Unknown said...

I like this! I may have to try this one tomorrow. That will give me a little while to think on it. Love living in NC where we have all four seasons, including snow!

Kat said...

I love these I never posts. Very informative. I feel like I have a lot of nevers too but it would be difficult to put them in a list.
Great job!
There are some surprises in there. Never seen snow? You'll have to come and visit me this winter. ;)

Tara R. said...

Bungee jumping is something I will never do either, nor will you see me jumping from a perfectly good plane.

I have however tasted moonshine and been white water rafting. Moonshine will melt paint, rafting was a blast.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am the youngest of three. I would love to see Hawaii too. You must see some snow! No broken bones here. Would like to bungee jump. No waxing here! Two c-sections here, no va-jay-jay. I could go on an on....we are so much alike! This was a great meme.

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I want to go to Hawaii too!!! Someday, someday.

anymommy said...

Snow! I can't believe that one. I want to fly you out here for a visit in January!!

Brandy@YDK said...

i think i would have the hardest time ever coming up with stuff. because i've done most of your nevers.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh honey, come visit the Ponderosa in wintertime...you can build a yard filled with snowmen.

I've never sat still longer than a few seconds at a time. 'Just a little spastic! Heeehehee!

God bless ya and have yourself an extraordinary sweetie!!! :o)

Stef said...

I have never had an older brother. Ever. Brothers in law...but never a brother.

Frogs in my formula said...

White river rafting is awesome. I highly recommend it. And do you want me to mail you some snow? Or are you ok not seeing it?

Erin said...

I'm a Cali Girl born and bred and didn't see snow until I was 13, and I didn't see falling snow until I was 26! But dang woman at least I've seen it! =)

And white water rafting? HUGE Thrill, I highly recommend it!

Ohhh and I never pushed a kid out either! ^5

I learned so much about you on this one!

Shell said...

No harry potter? I love HP!

Anonymous said...

i did this today. i was a lot of fun and surprisingly challenging.

Myya said...

What a fun list, although no prom or no massage... WHAT???

I should do this list thing.! :)