6.18.2010

Time for Fragging Again!

Mommy's Idea

SMP Update: The Snail Mail Project is going strong! I have officially deemed it a success; I have 30 participants so far. You're still welcome to join in!
My 14 year old daughter acquired a pen pal from England through the SMP, and now my 9 year old daughter has requested a pen pal. So if anyone has a daughter around 9 years old who would like to pen pal with Elayna, please let me know!


I'm really appreciating blogger's auto-save feature tonight; I've accidentally closed blogger out twice while typing this post up! I don't know what's wrong with me tonight!

Recently I've started to like or even love foods that I previously didn't like at all. I don't know if it's because of my surgery, getting older or what. Case in point: salted almonds, which are healthy. Pancakes, which are NOT.
Mmmm, pancakes........


I don't play Farmville, or YoVille, or HoVille, or whatever the other Facebook games are.
But I'm slightly addicted to Family Feud on Facebook, and have many of my co-workers addicted too. It's SO much fun!

Have you read any good memoirs lately? Or ever? I love them and am looking for some really good ones to read. I've already read all of Augusten Burroughs', by the way.
I recently read "Her Mother's Daughter" by Linda Carroll, the mother of Courtney Love. It was very good!


OK, I'm out! Hope y'all have a great weekend, and visit Mrs 4444's for more Friday Fragment Fun!


22 comments:

Tara R. said...

I'm sending off a package to the snail mail pal today!

Hmm... pancakes....ymmm!

Unknown said...

Yay on success with your project!

I love memoirs, and have read all the Augesten books too. Have you read The Glass Castle, Prozac Nation, Beautiful Boy, or an Unquiet Mind? Those are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Brandy@YDK said...

I emailed one of my bloggers with a 9 yr old daughter for you.

I heart pancakes but always have and always will.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I have been stuck on French Toast all week. It is just so good.
I hope you will read my memoir when it comes out..how about I send you a copy and you can do a review? I do not play any of those annoying games on Face book either but I will say I do family feud with my daughter almost every night!
Have a great weekend!

Mary Lou said...

I sent a card to my snail mail partner with such joy..Even the stamp for Canada was a delight..
It's the simple things!
I'm trying to figure out the blog hop...
Enjoyed your post.

shortmama said...

The snail mail project has been a blast!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That book you read sounds like it would be a good one. Thanks for reminding me that I have to get some mail out :) Have a great weekend.

Lindsay-ann said...

Jessica's letter from Shelbie arrived today and she was so happy to receive it. we will both be replying soon.
I have recently aquired a love of cheese omlettes. Very strange I know!
I have just started reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Another blogging friend sent it to be. I am really enjoying it and hope to relax and read a bit more this weekend.
Lindsay
x

Claudya Martinez said...

So happy to hear the snail mail project is a success!

cat said...

Great to see you back and love the fresh new look.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I'm going to check out the book by Courtney Love's mother. Sounds intriguing.

qandlequeen said...

can't help you with the snail mail project, but just wanted to say how much I love that you are doing this. I had several pen pals as a kid, a few I kept in touch with for many years. I thought it was a great experience and was a little sad that I didn't know how to get my kids set up with one when they were younger.

Lisa said...

I freaking HATE when I close Blogger by accident, I do it all the time!

I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and it's pretty good so far. I do love me a good memoir.

Beth said...

Here is where I admit I too am addicted to Family Feud on FB. (Now I will bow my head in shame.)

Tracie Nall said...

I have a friend who has gotten me playing Family Feud...it is addicting! lol

Pancakes with syrup and salted almonds...YUM!

Mrs4444 said...

Glad everyone's having fun with the SMP! It's a really good idea.

I once read a good memoir called Sister Salty, Sister Sweet. Deanna Favre's memoir is supposed to be good, too.

I like your fragment dividers. What did you use to make them?

Heather said...

oh pancakes. how i love thee. i made this KICK ASS cake today though-- KICK ASS. :) enjoy your weekend!

Kat said...

We had apple pancakes for dinner tonight. They ROCKED!! Mmmm. Pancakes.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your new layout!!!! It looks fabulous!

Smellyann said...

Salted almonds, and cashews, and other nuts... yum!!! I still really can't eat pancakes, though.

I'm loving the auto-save feature on Blogger, too.

Hey, come check out my new blog and enter the giveaways - I've got 2 up so far.

Thanks! =D

~Smellyann

Helene said...

Why not put some sliced almonds on your pancakes??? That would be yummy!!

I recently read Valerie Bertinelli's memoir Finding It (Or something like that...it's her most recent one) and it was very good. She talks about her finding herself after losing all the weight. I was surprised at how funny she is...it was a good read!

Melani said...

I love the SMP :) I wonder if it is because of WHO my Snail Mail Partner is??? :) :) :)

I didn't frag this week and didn't do SIMC, oh well I suck...j/k just needed a break, I think!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I have received and sent one piece to my Snail Mail partner. I've got another letter in the works :) It's a great idea - Thanks again for putting that together.

Kristin - The Goat