4.09.2010

Fragging Time

Mommy's Idea

For once I'm actually not ecstatic to see Friday come around! Not because of Friday Fragments, of course - I always look forward to those! - but because it means Spring Break is over. We've had a really great week! I'm going to post all about our vacation later, but right now.....it's time to Frag!

*Sorry I'm late on my fragments...I just woke up! *ah* I love vacation.

* Today is our anniversary! Five fabulous years. We're going to have a nice dinner out tonight.

* The rest of the weekend will be spent packing & moving.....we found a totally amazing house just a couple of miles down the road and snatched it up. The kids are SO excited! It's on 6.5 acres, has 4 bedrooms (one more than we have now), so many other amazing features. The one the kids are most excited about? An inground POOL!

* Have I mentioned I hate moving? I truly hope this is our last move for many years. We haven't had good luck with houses but I'm pretty sure our luck has changed this time!

* My husband is an obsessive packer. He had a ton of stuff already packed early this week. I hate living out of boxes! I think he'd have me packed in a box if I'd let him.

* I slept so well on vacation....because there were no dogs crowding the bed! I was actually able to move around and get comfortable. And yet....I couldn't wait to get home to my puppies!

* The kids haven't stayed in hotels much....Elayna was delighted to see the little hair dryer in the bathroom! It's the little things....

Alright, I think that's about it. It's time to start celebrating our anniversary! Hope you all have a wonderful Spring weekend
and are enjoying some wonderful Spring weather!
For more Fragments visit Mrs 4444's!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad you were able to find a place! good luck with your packing and moving. we have the same thing going on here. half of my life is in boxes right now. it totally stresses me out.

glad you had a good vacation.

diane rene said...

I was sad about today being friday too - this has been a pleasant break with the kids :( oh well, summer will be here soon enough, right?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! have a great day and a wonderful dinner.

and good luck with the new house :)

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Moving. Ew, ew, ew! Hate it with a passion. Not so much moving into a new place - I like that part, but packing up the old place. But 6.5 acres. Wow, that's a lot. Have fun and don't lose the kids in all that acreage!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Moving. Ew, ew, ew! Hate it with a passion. Not so much moving into a new place - I like that part, but packing up the old place. But 6.5 acres. Wow, that's a lot. Have fun and don't lose the kids in all that acreage!

Tara R. said...

Good luck with the move. I hope to see pix once you all get settled in.

Astaryth said...

Happy Anniversary! enjoy and try not to think about moving! I dread moving, and it looks like we might be doing it this fall **shudder** I feel for you, but think how happy you will all be once it is over!

Myya said...

Happy Anniversary! Mine is tomorrow - 6 years. :)
Uggghhh the dreaded move - yuck! The only really great thing about moving is weeding out all the crap you don't need! Enjoy your new home, that is exciting stuff!!!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! yay! Our 5 year is in August.

And did I just hear you invite me over for a pool party? Thought so. :)

Maggie S said...

I wish my husband were an obsessive packer...I'd move whenever I wasn't in the mood to clean if he were apt to pack a blessed thing. As it is, we are staying put.

Melani said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 yrs is a great milestone! We will be celebrating 7 yrs next month!

The new house sounds great! I hate moving too! When I was married before we moved 7 times in almost 7 yrs! So, when I moved into my house (I am still in it!) I promised to stay until my older kids were out of high school, and so far I have been here going on 10 yrs and my oldest will graduate next year!

Honey Mommy said...

Glad you had a good break! I don't have any kids in school, so for me Spring Break is the week all of our regularly scheduled activities are cancelled! What a bummer!

GypsiAdventure said...

Congrats on the new house...it sounds amazing! :) So sorry to see spring break go, but happy you guys had a wonderful time!!
~K

Carolee Hollenback said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a good one (we assume the rest of the evening went well :-}

I'm sad about Friday, too. The end of another week! I mean where has the year gone?

We were recently discussing this on my blog- those Christmas decorations still lying around the house.................

Not me, of course....

Visiting from Friday Frags

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope your anniversary was wonderful. Congratulations on the new house.

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

I'm SO sad to see this week end. :0( We had our Spring Break this week, too. My husband and our two teenage daughters had the whole week off. It was SO amazing. We don't get to spend a lot of time together these days because everyone is SO busy. We didn't go anywhere or do anything special but it was fun just spending time together as a family. I will really hate to see Monday arrive. :0(

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I hope you will come back to visit again soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Blessings,

Teresa <><

Claudya Martinez said...

I hope your anniversary was wonderful!

Good luck on the move and may you enjoy your new home for a very long time.

Jenners said...

Wow! Sounds like a great place! And an inground pool? WOWZA!