12.18.2009

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

I am so glad it's Friday. Not only for the obvious reasons; I'm off tonight, the weekend is almost here, etc. But also? My brain is so totally overflowing with Fragments! And now it's finally time to empty my brain here, for Friday Fragments. Whew! What a relief. It was starting to hurt!

~ So, I mentioned earlier this week that I've won some cool giveaways recently. I thought today, I'd show you my winnings!

I won this lovely jewelery from Mary Mac of Pajamas and Coffee fame. I heart her.



Aaaaand I won this DVD from Tiaras & Tantrums. I heart her too, and now my kids do as well!



~ I actually survived Shelbie's 14th Birthday party! The girls were actually wonderful. I particularly love a couple of her friends who came over. Awesome kids! And Tim did not bother the girls at all. Except for one little thing. The girls were playing volleyball in the garage, and they suddenly came running in shrieking, saying they had heard something outside. It was probably a cat or something, who knows. Anyway, they all went into Shelbie's bedroom after that. So Tim just HAD to go outside and knock on the bedroom window. Seriously, it was just too great of a temptation for an older brother to resist! I wasn't mad, in fact I told him I'd have been disappointed in him if he hadn't done it! The girls were appropriately terrified and it was really funny.

~ Something terrible happened this week. I lost a wiener. Seriously. I lost one of my dogs, my 16 year old little dachshund, Suzie. I have never, ever lost a dog before and it was terrifying. And here's the part where I admit to being the worst doggie mama EVER - I took her out to pee (for her to pee, that is, not me), and I forgot about her. I always stay outside with her so that she doesn't wander off. Well, I was getting a box fixed up that was full of Christmas decorations I was giving away on Freecycle (I promise I really was, I'm not just throwing that in to make me sound less awful). And when I finished with the box, I went inside. Totally forgetting that Suzie was outside. Then, we all LEFT!! We took John to work, all the way in another town. We got home over an hour later, then I proceeded to fix dinner, STILL forgetting about my sweet old lady. It wasn't until the kids were eating and I started to feed the dogs that I realized she was missing, and then it hit me....Oh.My.GOD. I forgot about Suzie!! I went outside with a flashlight, searching frantically. No Suzie, but I swore I heard her barking off in the distance.
The kids and I jumped in the car and started driving around. I saw a man in his yard and as I stopped to ask if he'd seen her, an SUV was driving by and she stopped and asked me if I'd lost a dog! She had my Suzie! She'd seen her wandering the streets (sniff, my poor baby), picked her up and took her to her house. Suzie was in a kennel in this lady's backyard, barking her poor little face off! She was SO happy to see us. She was cold, shaking and so scared. She licked my face off! And I? Still feel awful. I gave her people food when we got home to try to make it up to her a little bit. Needless to say, I will no longer take my eyes off of her when she is outside doing her business! I never want to lose a wiener again; it's quite traumatizing.

This is Suzie, only she has a lot of gray in her muzzle now, she's at least 16 years old. She's a shelter rescue and my little shadow.


~ Tonight on the way to work, John and I were worried about something. The song "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley came on, the one where he says "Don't worry, about a thing. Cause every little thing, is gonna be alright." I said to John, "See honey? Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright." Shortly after getting to work, I found out that the thing we were worrying about was fine. So, Bob Marley really was right! I've been listening to reggae on Pandora all night, there's just something so peaceful and relaxing about this music.

~ We'll be finishing our Christmas shopping this weekend! I started really early (for me) this year and actually don't have much left. Which makes me VERY happy!

Whew! I think my brain is now officially dumped. I hope y'all have a great weekend and can keep the Christmas spirit, even if other shoppers make you slightly homicidal!



Visit Half Past Kissin' Time for more Fantastic Friday Fragments!

20 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Suzie is such a sweetie!

Love those earrings you won!!

Karen and Gerard said...

That's so sad you forgot about Suzie but very good that you got her back so quickly. I remember what a sinking feeling we had when our dog's leash clasp broke somehow and off through the park she ran and would not come back when we called her! After about a 5 minute run (which seemed more like 25 minutes to me) she turned and came back to where a stranger was able to hold on to her for us. It was very scary!

won said...

I was reading nervously....waiting to get to the end result of Suzie being missing. I am so glad it had a good ending. So glad!

I love the earrings you won!! Those are sweet. Congrats on your wins.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Congrats on your wins! And for surviving Shelbie's 14th Birthday party! :)

Awwww! Poor Suzie! It's terrifying to lose a dog - we lost our Wheaten Terrier for 4 days once, when we didn't realize the battery in his collar was dead, so he got out of the invisible fence. We were sure relieved when we got him back, and you can bet we change the battery in his collar once a month whether it needs it or not! :)

I'm (hopefully) finishing my Christmas shopping today - I'm later than usual, but it'll get done. Then the fun begins - wrapping! I love that part, it seems to be therapeutic! :)

Happy FF! :)

Anonymous said...

im so glad you found suzie. i know if you hadnt, you wouldn not have been able to live with yourself.

Also: i actually saw your Freecycle post so i can vouch for your alibi. :)

oh, and a belated happy birthday to Shelbie.

Tara R. said...

You scared me there for a second. I knew how old Susie was and thought you meant something else when you wrote 'lost.' I'm glad you all had a happy ending.

Sounds like Shelbie had a great birthday... funny what Tim did. Big brothers are SO much fun.

Unknown said...

reading your suzie story made my underpits sweat profusely I was shaking...I too have a lil weiner and would be totallylost with out her-so glad you got her back safe n sound

really enjoyed your FF

Unknown said...

okay i am back to find the blackeyed pea recipe Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Unknown said...

i'm so glad your suzie came back. i've done that before...only not with my dog...with my kids. not really.

i did a fragment friday post today, too! now i can give you credit for starting this...i've done it a couple of weeks in a row now and wasn't sure where i'd seen it...i'll definitely give you the shout out next week!

Heather said...

You've got some great loot! And I am so glad that Suzie is okay! I'm with Tara, I thought that she had passed! :) PS: I think I might be joining the snuggie club-- Only mine is called a "nuddle" and you can get it on the joyful heart website. ONLY CAUSE IT GOES TO CHARITY. ha ha. Okay, fine. You can say "I told you so."

*smirks*

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm so happy you found Suzie!

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm so happy you found Suzie!

shortmama said...

So glad you found your wiener!!

Unknown said...

you lost your wiener, thats awful!

mommytoalot said...

So glad you found your Suzie and that you survied a teen's birthday party.

Mama Wheaton said...

From the sounds of things you had a successful if not strained weekend. Love the jewelry!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

LOVE the jewelry... those are gorgeous! And I cannot wait to see that movie, I hope you wrap it up for your kiddies for Christmas.
I would have been totally frantic if I lost my little Nano, so I know how you must have felt. I am so glad Suzie was found by a kind woman, and that you were reunited.
Sounds like you had a rough week and that you needed some sleep, especially since you posted this at 3:30 in the morning!!
Hope you got all your shopping done and didn't kill anyone in line - I know THAT feeling, that's why I start REALLY early and do almost all of mine online!
Merry Christmas!

mub said...

Oh gosh, I'm so glad you found Suzie! I would've been in a panic too!

Carolee Hollenback said...

I'm glad Suzie is ok!

Hope you'all have a great Christmas!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Congratulations on the winnings! You are one lucky lady.
So glad you found Suzie, I know how scary that can be for you AND her.