2.09.2009

Interview With a Dysfunctional Mom

My friend Tammie from Irregular Tammie participated in a blog project in which we interview each other. After her interview, she offered to interview willing readers. I thought, why not? It sounds much more fun than a job interview, and come on, how many times in life will anyone want to interview us for anything BUT a job? I don't know about you, but I am just not that interesting.
So, here are Tammie's questions and my answers.

*I know you love animals, but do you have your limits? Is there any animal you wouldn't want as a pet?
Oh yes ma'am, I have one big slithery limit. I am terrified of snakes and don't want to be anywhere near one. I will never, ever allow one in my home on purpose. However, I don't mind lizards, iguanas, geckos, etc. at all and personally, I think that's a very fair compromise.

*What is your favorite way to spend time with your kids?
Camping! We love camping and can't wait for it to get warm enough this year. We have a huge tent and we usually go to parks near rivers or springs.

*What is the best book you've ever read and why?
Now you know I love to read, how can I choose just one? SO hard!
Actually, one of the best books I've ever read is His Name is Ron, by Ron Goldman's family. It was so emotional, I've never cried like that reading a book.

*If I gave you $100 and told you that it must be spent on something frivalous for yourself, how would you choose to spend it?
On a spa day. Including a massage!

*If you could have dinner with any living celebrity, who would it be and what would you want to talk about?
This is hard too, because I'm not a big celebrity stalker. I would have to choose Joaquim Phoenix. I'd want to discuss his family, his childhood, his parents, and his siblings, especially River. And I'd also ask him the question I want to ask almost all celebrities: "if not acting (or singing or whatever the case may be), what would you be doing right now?"

So, I personally think I stink at coming up with questions like these, but if you want to be interviewed, drop me an email and I'll do my best!
Thanks for the interview, Tammie.

13 comments:

Bad Momma said...

I'm with you on not being a fan of slithery pets. I also would love a spa day but I'm afraid $100 wouldn't cover it. I'd need about $500 to do it right!

Nice interview!

April said...

Nope, I don't like snakes, either! Camping is so much fun...we love it, too! It's been awhile since we've gone, but we always have the best time! This was a lot of fun...enjoy your Tuesday!

GypsiAdventure said...

I love the interview questions and stuff...I think it is so neat and I'm with you on the snake thing...I'm sure the kids would have one as a pet if I let them, but NO WAY!!
~K

Debbie said...

Snakes are not my best friends either but I think I'd take them over spiders. I so hate spiders!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

hate snakes...hate spiders. yuck! and you camp too! ok, like in a tent with no toilet? yucko!

Anonymous said...

i love all your answers.

i find the whole phoenix clan very fascinating...maybe since some of them still live here in town, you'll one day get your chance.

have you been to his sisters store downtown? i think its called indigo.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm over from Bad Momma's blog. You have such a fun blog here! Love the interview! Stop by and say hello any time!

Swirl Girl said...

If I had $100 to spend frivolously on myself I'd out it in a $1.00 slot machine and spin those reels! Maybe I could turn it into big money and then go shoe shopping!!

Minxy Mimi said...

Yeah, no slithery critters or creepy crawlers either!!!

Anonymous said...

Some animals are just not meant to be tamed. I think I must be the only one who would never choose a spa day as something fun. :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Spa day for sure! Although these days $100 will get you only a massage! Thanks for stopping by last week, I am STILL playing catchup!

Momisodes said...

Oooh yes. I'm with you on the snakes. I am not a fan.
I loved reading this about you!

Kelly said...

Baby, you must be on high alert while walking around in FL with your snake phobia!! Black racers beware!

You need to read, "A Land Remembered" by Patrick Smith...about a pioneer family in FL- I know it doesn't sound that appealing, but it is an EXCELLENT book!!!