12.26.2007

Post-Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I have to say mine was really great. I do always have a brief let-down period though, after the gifts are open. This year was no exception. Everyone loves their gifts, including me although I honestly get much more pleasure from giving at this time in my life. But every year I just have this sad moment when it's all over. I think it's nostalgia and realizing once again, that Christmas will never again be the way it was when I was a child. That's one thing my parents did really well.......not that they went overboard but we got what we wanted and had a lot of fun. Christmas was special.
I try to do the same thing for my kids and I guess I do pretty well. It's been a great holiday.
Tomorrow they go to their dad's house to get even more gifts. They are very fortunate in so many ways. They have so many people who love them!
Now I'm on a crazy hunt for a huge stuffed Spiderman. My stepson used to have one at our house, but it disappeared. We just found out from his mom, that he asked for one from her, for Christmas. For some reason, she got him an Elmo instead. Apparently he was pretty bummed, (I never realized he liked that particular Spidey so much!) so I said to Dh, "oh, I'll just find one online and get it for him." Much easier said than done! I finally found a couple on Ebay and bid on one, now I'm just hoping I get it. For one of them, the cost wasn't bad but the lady wanted $85 to ship it to me!! Now with my luck, as soon as I got that bad boy in the mail, I'd walk into a thrift store and find one for .85 CENT. No can do! I'd cry.
Alrighty, tomorrow we get the key to the new casa and arrange for the lights to be turned on, all that fun stuff. Sleep is elusive for me lately! zzzzzzz

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey, is it a big-headed Spidey? We have one and I'll be happy to send it to you. We are trying to reduce around here.