Today's post is my first Friday Fragments post. As Mrs4444 from Half Past Kissin' Time explains: "Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard."
I like the concept; when you just have a few things to blog about and want to condense it into one post, this is just perfect!
So, here are my Fragments for today.
1. The Princess's teacher asked me to be the Homeroom Mom. I haven't done much school volunteering since I went back to work full-time, but I'm going to give it a go. I did so much volunteering when the older two were in school, and I want Elayna to have that experience too. Hopefully I won't fall asleep on the job!
2. Today I'm helping out with a Radiothon for the Children's Miracle Network. I'll either be answering phones or helping to sell t-shirts & things. It should be fun. Again...
hopefully I won't fall asleep on the job!
3. I totally fell asleep on the job today. Not my paying job, my mommy job. I missed my alarm and slept right through time to pick up the girls from school! The school called me about 20 minutes after pick-up time. I felt terrible and flew to the school, thinking the Princess would be worried and crying. Nope, she was sitting in the office with the other Children of Late Parents, watching Spongebob!
4. We have a Fun Family weekend planned, including a birthday party for my stepson, Spiderman, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also really hoping Ike stays away so we can have the party at the park, as planned!
5. Tonight has been THE busiest night I have ever had at work. Totally exhausting but actually a really good night!