I have much to be thankful for this Thursday.
* A while back, I posted about some major work-related issues I was having. Thankfully, things are much, much better now. Everyone said that once things settled down in our brand new unit, it would get better. I didn't believe it. Now I do! The best thing about my job is my kick-ass schedule, and the fact that my boss is incredibly flexible. He switched my schedule this week with practically no notice, just to help me out since Dysfunctional Dad is still working insane hours. I'm very thankful for all of that!
* This hellish period called "Turn" is almost over. This is the reason my husband has worked every day, with no days off, for over two weeks now. It's also the reason he's went to work at 7am, and worked until 10pm. I have barely seen him. I could never be a military wife! It's almost over; hopefully this coming Monday is the last day. I am incredibly thankful for that!
* We're getting a new a/c unit installed (hopefully) tomorrow. It would've been today, but it was storming, and storms are predicted for tomorrow as well. But even if not tomorrow, it will be installed soon, and I am thankful for that.
* The kids are starting a new school year on Monday, finally at the schools I wanted all of them to attend. By moving here back in January, we reached a goal that we'd been working towards. We're very thankful for that.
* I'm thankful that, as I get older, I'm learning more and more every day. About myself, other people, relationships, and life. I like to think I'm getting wiser as I get older. I'm learning to take the Serenity Prayer to heart; "to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." There are certain things in this world that cannot be changed. But I can work hard on changing those things that are within my power. I am thankful for that.
* Ariel is continuing to improve. She gained half a pound, which is significant for a very small dog. She is getting wonderful care and love now. I am so very thankful for that.
* I'm thankful for the place I am in life right now. Everything I went through in the past, prepared me for this wonderful present. It gave me the ability to be thankful, and not take it for granted. Ours is a simple life, but it makes us very happy. I am wonderfully thankful for that.
What are you thankful for?