1.27.2013

Eventful Sunday in my City



As I mentioned before, we celebrate birthdays around here for at least a month week.
So this is really more of a "Weekend in my City" post.

  • For our family birthday celebration on Saturday, we went to my parents' house. 

 I made Three Cheese Chicken Parmesan, with spinach and dinner rolls.  
For dessert, Shelbie and her BFF Ashlee made rainbow cupcakes, 
and Elayna chose Blue Bunny White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream.  
It was ALL absolutely delicious!







  • Hayleigh is walking now and we had a BLAST playing with her.



That's Tim on the couch.  Hayleigh is pretty much his shadow!
They are so cute together.

Hayleigh and Elayna

  • This weekend we also got a new addition to our family.

Elayna & Bo


A little backstory here: 
Shelbie and Hunter's son, Tyler, have known each other and gone to school together for years.  
They are not close friends but they run in the same circles.  
Tyler has dated several of Shelbie's friends.
Anyway, one of their mutual friends found this gorgeous puppy a couple of months ago.  Her parents wouldn't let her keep him, so Tyler ended up with him.  He originally planned to give the pup to his girlfriend, but her parents vetoed that idea.  So Tyler tried to keep him himself, but between school and baseball and of course having a girlfriend, he just doesn't spend enough time with the pup.
In fact, we puppy-sat him for a weekend a while back, I blogged about it here.
So Tyler called Dear Old Dad.



Meet Bo, the newest resident at the Casa de Dysfunction!


He is beautiful, a truly gorgeous dog.  He is ALL puppy.  
Sweet, affectionate, playful, HIGH - ENERGY.
I get tired just watching him.

If you're counting, that brings the pet total to 3 dogs, one cat, and one rabbit.
And one tired Mama.
Zzzzzz.......


Unknown Mami
Visit not-so Unknown Mami for more Sundays in my City posts!

18 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Looks like it was a fun celebration, but I want to SEE that parmesan chicken dish!

Tina´s PicStory said...

nice pics! :)

Wayne W Smith said...

Happy belated birthday...

Tara R. said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday to everyone! Looks like you all really know how to party.

Bo is adorable! So glad he found his Forever Home with your family.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

That is one busy week!!! Take a nap today!

Tami said...

I'm a suck for dogs! Bo is an adorable addition to your family. :-D

retired not tired said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the new family addition.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday celebration and your new pup is adorable. Let me know if I can pin from your food blog.

DontSayHurry said...

How fun! Hope she had a wonderful day... looks like she did! Thanks for sharing! We went to a birthday party too!

Cinella @ The Mami Blog
http://cjrthemamiblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/sunday-in-my-city-happy-birthday.html

Amy said...

You're a better woman than I am.

I've absolutely had it with kids bringing pets home for me to have to take care of!

Unknown said...

Shelbie is adorable : ) I hope she has a wonderful year. Wishing you a beautiful week. Love, Becky

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun birthday weekend. It is funny how mom's seem to wind up with so many pets, happens here all the time.

Angie said...

Another addition, your a brave woman!

Lisa Kothari said...

Darling new addition! Loved seeing your celebration!

Ray Doc Wife

Kat said...

Yay! Congrats on your new furbaby! What a cutie!!!!

Myya said...

What a fun Birthday weekend. I wanna come spend my Birthday month with you!!! :)

Awwweee Bo is sooo sweet.

StarTraci said...

Happy birthday weekend -- looks like fun. And congrats and good luck on the new member of teh family.

:-)
Traci

Claudya Martinez said...

Love your new addition.

What's your new camera? I'm trying to catch up, but I haven't found a mention of what new camera you got. Did I miss it?