4.29.2012

Sundays in my City

I had a very good weekend.

After the horrendous month I've had, that is saying A LOT.  And I'm incredibly grateful to have had such a great weekend.

Shelbie went out of town this weekend with my best friend Danielle's daughter Ashlee (who is Shelbie's best friend).  So I got a lot of one-on-one time with Elayna this weekend.

On Saturday, Elayna and I started out by going to Pioneer Days, a festival in a nearby town.  We met my son Tim there, and my niece, her husband, and their new baby.

There was yummy festival food, crafts, events, and a farmer's market.  I couldn't resist the polish sausage and homemade fudge.  Elayna may or may not have had ice cream for lunch.



Tim LOVES Hayleigh.  He's also kind of terrified of her.  
But we somehow sort of tricked him into holding and feeding her!


Elayna gave Hayleigh her first taste of ice cream.
Hayleigh LOVES ice cream!!


I can't even describe how much I love this picture!
(Me, Hayleigh, & Elayna)

After the festival, we went to my best friend's son Dustin's birthday party.  Tim came along as well.  Her family is my second family, so it was really nice to spend time with all of them. 

Saturday night and Sunday was mostly spent just hanging out.  It was very relaxed but enjoyable.  
Just exactly what I needed!  
Hope y'all had a great weekend.

Visit Unknown Mami for more Sundays in my City posts!



Unknown Mami

9 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a great relaxing weekend.

Glad you had a good one!

April said...

Sounds pretty perfect to me! What a sweet picture of the three of you.

Kat said...

Yay! I can finally comment. I don't know why I haven't been able to comment in FOREVER on your blog but I have been reading.

Anyway, sorry you have been having such a tough time. Hopefully with the start of a new month tomorrow things will get easier. :)
Glad you had such a special weekend!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I thought of you when I saw the date this morning and knew I needed to head on over and tell you:

It's May! It's MAY! It's MAY!!

Glad April went out on a high note!

Tiffany said...

It looks like you had alot of fun! Good for you since you said April was a bad month. I know how you feel. Glad that May has arrived!

Tara R. said...

I do love me some festival food. I know it's terrible for me, but that makes it all the more tempting.

I'm glad you had such a great weekend.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It does sound like a wonderful weekend. Good for you! The pictures are great. Hope life can continue to find many moments that make you smile.

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

Sunday's in my city involve me cooking lunch and going to flag football and baseball practices with my boys. Wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh my gosh, I just fell in love with Hayleigh. That is one beautiful baby!