6.26.2008

Thankful Thursday

It's time for a Thankful Thursday post!
I'm going to list a few things that I'm thankful for today.

~ I'm thankful for opportunity to foster the puppies. One of them got adopted last weekend, and the same guy who adopted him is considering adopting the other one. They gave us a lot of fun and laughter. Like last week, when they were chewing on the remote control and somehow ordered "Jerry Springer: You Slept With My Boyfriend - UNCENSORED!" from Pay-per-view.
True story!

~ I'm thankful for our health, as I continue to see so much in this hospital that reminds me that not everyone is so fortunate. Like the 22 year old who came in last night, and may have a career-ending illness. The 41 year old who is down the hall, literally dying as I type. Or the 65 year old who came to the hospital yesterday, and will very likely never leave.

~ I'm thankful for the health and dental insurance that my job provides. I'm sure I don't have to explain that...with kids, those things are so important!

~ I'm thankful for my son's mad driving skillz. (giggle)

~ Always, always, I am thankful for my children and husband, more than I can say.

~ I am thankful for my ability to focus on the positive. I definitely lose focus sometimes, but I can always get myself back on track. There are way too many positives in my life to let the negative get in the way!

~ I am thankful for my sense of humor and all of the laughter in my life.

6 comments:

GypsiAdventure said...

'Thankful Thursday' - very nice. It sounds like you have a very blessed life.

Personally, I'm thankful for wonderful people in my life to share it all with!
~K

Unknown said...

hi C -- this is a great "sweet list." and hilarious, too, how the puppies ordered that. did you contest the charge? hahaha.

great attitude girl, kathleen

krissy said...

Your so cool....fostering puppies. How about fostering me and then I can live in Florida for a few weeks.

I can beg like a dog!

Meg said...

Nice list! I think a sense of humor is necessary with puppies.

Tara R. said...

*sigh* wonderful list. We should all take a moment each day to do a list.

anymommy said...

Lovely. Thanks for sharing.