6.03.2013

Soaking up the Sun - Sunday in my City



We have been attending church lately with my Mother-in-Law.
Today was her church's homecoming, 
and after church we had Dinner on the Grounds.

I made chocolate delight.....


....and a blackberry cobbler with fresh blackberries that grow wild 
here at our home.


Shelbie, my almost-senior-in-high-school


 Our puppy, Bo, has gotten big enough to get into the trash can.  So I decided to get one with a lid.  I wanted a pretty garbage can, which is harder to find than you may think.  I finally found this one on Amazon.
It came in pieces, and my daughters LOVE to assemble things like this.
So, here is my PRETTY trash can, assembled by Elayna!



The Great Assembler, ready for a dip in the pool.



We swam and soaked up the sun.  
Right after we packed up and left, the rain came
 to water
all of my plants and flowers.
Pretty good day!
Hope y'all had a good Sunday. 



Unknown Mami

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

My dogs can unzip a suitcase to get to goodies I'm taking or bring back so that trash can wouldn't deter them unless it has some sort of latch or fastener! It does look really nice though. Good find!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

We hit the pool for the first time this weekend as well. I'm crispy!

Christine said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. Of course, any day with chocolate delight is a good day. A senior? Don't even want to think about it. We're of the age now where we have lots of friends with kids graduating this year. Ugh. Sad for us, happy for them all at the same time.

Amy said...

Cute!

Sounds like a lovely relaxing Sunday :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great day and those desserts look awesome! Love the new trash can.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ooo those desserts look amazing.

Kat said...

Those desserts look so yummy. I should not have stopped by when I am so hungry. Now I want pie. :)

By the way, I love your new profile pics. :)

Claudya Martinez said...

I think I love that trash can. I want one.