Today I have for you FIVE things that you should NOT do while either you, or your loved one, has been admitted as a patient in a hospital.
1. Do NOT bring your very young child to the hospital to stay with his or her dad. Who is very ill. FOR THE ENTIRE NIGHT. While you go home to sleep.
2. Do NOT let your baby crawl on the hospital floor. OMG. Please. For the love of all that is clean and free of bacteria. AND COOTIES.
3. Do NOT sneak into the bathroom of your hospital room and smoke cigarettes.
4. Do NOT sneak off of the floor, out of the hospital, and into the parking lot next door to smoke cigarettes. With your IV pole and various other medical equipment.
5. If you choose to do that, do NOT tell us, when you get back, that your pain level is a 10.
I have a feeling these "What NOT to do" posts may become a recurring theme. Stay tuned!