1.12.2011

Relief.

re·lief    
[ri-leef]–noun
1. alleviation, ease, or deliverance through the removal of pain, distress, oppression, etc.
2. a means or thing that relieves pain, distress, anxiety, etc.


When Mama Kat posted her writing prompts this week, I really wanted to join in. The one that really called out to me was #3.) A moment you truly felt relieved.
But the relief I was really needing, hadn't come yet.

I posted recently about the situation with Andrew's biological mother. I don't want to say a whole lot about it here. But we have learned that they are not backing down, and she's still telling lies. No surprise there. But originally, John's mom, my MIL, said if we had to get a lawyer, she would pay for it. Then more recently, she said that she wouldn't.

We cannot pay for a lawyer. You know the drill; economy, I'm not working full time & haven't started getting paid for my part time work yet, blah blah blah. You've heard the story a million times; it's the same thing so many people are going through right now.

We finally had to talk to Andrew about the whole situation and his reaction, while expected, was very sad. He still doesn't want to see her, and he didn't take the news well at all.

So I have been stressing myself sick today. Worrying so much about him, worrying that the court would believe Bio-mom's lies. Worrying that, with her having a lawyer and us not having one, she would prevail. Worried that he would be forced to go to her home all by himself, which he is so very afraid of.

And then....relief came. For whatever reason, MIL has changed her mind again. We have an appointment with an attorney next week. Thank GOD. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me.

Not that I won't worry, but I know now that we will have someone fighting for us. Someone who knows what the heck he's doing. Someone who can help us carry this burden.

Sweet, sweet, relief.

Mama's Losin' It

23 comments:

j said...

I'll say a prayer for your family!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for you and your family. Stay strong!

C said...

that IS a relief... i am so glad that worked out for you. cant they just ask andrew where he wants to live? or is he old enough...

Erin said...

I smell the sweet smell of success! I hope it all goes the way he wants! Because at his age, he should be able to voice his own opinion!

I keep you in my thoughts for the best outcome!!!

Dominique Goh said...

Hoping that you get a favorable outcome for the situation you are in.
Dropping by from Mama Kat's

Karen and Gerard said...

Hope this all works out okay for you--that is good news at least.

Teresa said...

It's difficult to be in a situation surrounded by uncertainty. I'm wishing you all the best!

Unknown said...

You've definitely got my prayers! We had a "need a lawyer" situation recently and hubs's parents helped with the fees - my gratitude will be endless - the situation would have been so much worse if we had not had that option. I am glad it worked out for you and now that you have blogged about her commitment, she can't back down. Right?!

Carrie said...

Good luck in this very difficult time. I hope everything works out and your son's wishes are heard

Visiting from Mama Kat's

Amy said...

I'm glad she decided to do the right thing for Andrew.

Keep smiling!

Brandy@YDK said...

i'm glad she changed her mind. I hate having to rely on other people for financial help for that very reason. My nana helps us occassionally but it's always on her terms and the she holds it over our heads. ugh.

Tara R. said...

I'm so sorry you all are still having to go through this, and I can't imagine the stress this is putting on Andrew.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your MIL follows through with her promise, and that the lawyer can help settle this once and for all.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out - and that the lawyer manages to settle this problem once and for all.

Andrea said...

Good luck, mama. I am sorry you're dealing with all of this, but I am glad you have a slight touch of relief and hope that there is MORE on the way!

shortmama said...

What a nightmare...hoping the relief continues now that you will have someone on your side!

Nichole said...

Though I don't know your whole story, I do hope that your family finds peace from this stress soon.
I can't imagine how much it weighs on you.

Unknown said...

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh man that's great news! It's so nice when things come together last minute. Afterwards you learn that all we need is to practice a little more faith and everything will work out.

Anonymous said...

wishing you the best outcome for this difficult situation. Throw those positive thoughts out to the Universe! She hears and feels you!

Jenners said...

What a nightmare!! I hope that MIL doesn't flip flop again and you can get an advocate in your corner to fight for what is right.

Here's hoping everything comes out good for you!

The Nice One said...

WHEW! So glad MIL stepped up. Will send you good thoughts.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so happy that she changed her mind. Praying that your attorney will win this case because we all know where Andrew belongs.

KatBouska said...

Oh thank God! I hate being at the mercy of another person's decisions like that!