1.29.2011

i got a ward!




Looky here! Alena (ilovethatname!) from Little Bit of Wonderful saw fit to give me this here 'ward. Thank you, Alena!
It's the Stylish Blogger Award! Yeehaw!
(I have to idea why I'm talking like this. It's late, I'm tired. Humor me.)

The rules for accepting this blog award are as follows:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven random things about yourself.
3. Award fifteen other bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers, and tell them about their award!

Here are my seven random things about myself...

1. I love sunglasses but I rarely wear them on my eyes. They are hair accessories in my world. I often squint in bright sunlight, totally forgetting I have sunglasses sitting on my head.

2. I am what you call scatterbrained. I forget stuff, rarely remember small details, and have to leave myself notes on a regular basis. However....

3. When it comes to worrying, I never forget anything, and can worry about multiple things at once. I am a regular pro at worrying! I wish I could hire myself out as a professional worrier. I can stay up all night worrying. I.am.GOOD.

4. I have always been an avid reader. I have seen that a lot of people keep track of how much they read, so I decided to do that this year. I gave myself a goal of 52 books this year, one for each week. We're in week 4 and I've read 9 books. I'm a little ahead of the game! I'm thinking I should have set my goal a little higher.

5. Last night I was cleaning my refrigerator and I cut my hand. Proof that cleaning is dangerous and should be left to the pros.

6. My husband can find an episode of Family Guy on TV at any given time. Hand him the remote, he will find a Family Guy episode. Technically that's a random fact about my husband, but he's MY husband so it totally counts.

7. I love where I live, truly love it, but sometimes I want to move very far away. I feel like Jenny. "Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far far away from here." (If you know what movie that is from, you know my all-time favorite movie. So that's like a bonus fact. Maybe that will help make up for this -)

This award is fantabulous and full of awesomeness, but there is no way I'm tagging 15 other bloggers.

(Random Fact #9: I am a rule-breaker. I cut off those tags on mattresses that say not to cut them off under penalty of law. If I see a "POSTED: No Trespassing" sign, I stick my toe just past it. I am BADASS.)

So if you're an award lover, *poof* you just got an award! YAY Go YOU!!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never won anything and now, POOF! I have an award! :)

Thanks!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations. I know your favorite movie! I am a rule breaker too when it comes to passing awards on. I can't survive without lists and I too can multi-task my worrying. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Lol, that's my husband, too :P Although King of the Hill or a cheesy sci-fi movie rank up there with Family Guy. I'm usually a rule breaker about these things too, but this time I actually had that many to tag! :) I'm glad you liked it, and I'ma blushin' that you think my name is cute! :)

myevil3yearold said...

My first job was at a video store. I was working there when Forrest Gump came out on video and my name is Jenny.

Do you know how many times I was told, "I know what love is Jen- nay?"

Claudya Martinez said...

Cleaning is totally dangerous! I poked my finger doing the dishes today.

Erin said...

You are a Badass!!! Dang I don't even think I can consider myself in the same league as you! haha

And? I Love that movie....one of my flavorites!!!

And I so agree about the cleaning!

Whitney said...

I keep a list of the books I read too. It doesn't stop me from re-reading the same ones over and over, but it does give me a list..and I like lists. :) I read 60 books last year and 23 of them were in one month! (James Patterson, Janet Evanovich, and Dean Koontz books :)

I stole a no-trespassing sign once..can I be badass too?

Buckeroomama said...

LOL! I do that with my sunglasses, too... sometimes I go around looking frantically for them only to have somebody point out that it's on my head! =)

More Than Words said...

You rebel! Cutting the tag off the mattress?? I always wanted to do that, but was too scared..LOL!! Seriously!!

Anyway..these were fun facts to read! I also love to read, and I need to make time to do it more often!!!

Congrats on your award!!!!

GypsiAdventure said...

congrats!!!
~K

Mamarazzi said...

so funny about the rule breaking badass thing!

Brandy@YDK said...

you, my friend, are hilarious.

Myya said...

Congrats on your award. I loved all your random, you made me laugh!

Sherrismiles said...

Interesting learning those facts about you. Love your sense of humor. Forrest Gump is one of my all time favs too! Even made "bubbagump" a password to my comp when I sign on. lol should I be giving that sensitive info away?

Kristin - The Goat said...

You just offered to come clean at my place and in this post you say it should be left to the pros. Well good thing I didn't hire you! LOL

I'm so pleased that you have read so many books already. I haven't done that well at all, though I didn't have a goal or anything. I tried to read in the Drs office and I got called in early from the waiting room and the Dr was Johnny on the Spot as soon as the Nurse took all my vitals. That was my planned reading opportunity and it was foiled!