1.15.2011

Pretty Please?

{button by Mamarazzi}

Lately I seem to have acquired several fabulous readers/commenters who are "No Reply" bloggers. Often, they even ask questions in their comments, only I can't answer them.
I worry that they then think I'm rude or stuck-up or something, and then they won't ever come to my blog and leave lovely comments again.

Because often, No Reply bloggers don't know that they are no-reply bloggers. For example, somehow, when I switched my email address for this blog, I became no-reply and had no idea until a kind friend pointed it out to me. But if you're not getting replies to any of your comments, you might want to check. If you are even a tiny bit unsure, you might want to check.

So please, please, please. Follow the steps that Brandy@ You Don't Know took the time to type out so that no-reply bloggers can become start getting replies to their thoughtful comments! I'll be happy, you'll be happy; really, it's a win-win situation. I love replying to my comments (although I am ALWAYS behind on doing so). It can make for some great conversations and closer blog friendships. For me, it's a very important part of blogging, and it's disappointing when I can't do that with some of my readers.

What are you waiting for? Drink the Kool-Aid, already. All the cool bloggers are doing it.

*ETA* You're gonna love this. After I posted this, I posted a comment on a fabulous blog called Life with Kaishon. A little while later, I got a comment from her on this post. She tried to reply to my comment on HER post, and I came up as no-reply! So I checked and sure enough, my box was not checked. I think I figured out why that happened and I think the problem is fixed now but it just goes to show - GO CHECK!!!


18 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

Yay you linked to me!!! I feel so loved. Hopefully everyone will listen!

Sandra said...

It's people like you and Brandy that make me go, "Crap! I don't know what I'm doing!"
So thank you for all the help and advice!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Guess what? I just tried to reply to your comment via email and it said you were a no reply! Check it out!

That quote makes my heart hurt also. I am a Christian. More than anything, I want people to see Jesus when they look at me. I fail so often. In our home, in my work, just in life with being a good representative of Him. It pains me. I put that quote there to remind me to aim higher!

Momo Fali said...

If anyone can leave their e-mail in a comment, it's me. Whateryouwaitinfor? Doooooooit!!!

Erin said...

Even though you have commented with a non reply commenter, I hunt down your email address and respond to you anyway, whether you like it or not! HA!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Thank you, I think you are right a lot of people do not have a clue that they are no reply bloggers. Going to check mine to make sure.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hey, I'm a cool blogger! I agree with you 100%. I always feel that way too, that they must think I am rude! Great post.

myevil3yearold said...

Ok, I was a no reply blogger. How rude of me! It was unintentional. Still not sure if I have it right. Waiting on a comment to see.

Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Ohh such great advice! I wish everyone would fix their "No Reply" status!

Mamarazzi said...

fantastic post!! thanks for the linky love!! did you know that adding that button to your post means you are now entered for something PINK!? yep, just come and comment on my "Bloggy Business" post and let me know there that you did (it's hard to keep track of everyone so this will be very helpful, if you don't mind, you may have already done this, so sorry if i missed it)

viva the bloggy revolution!!

Whitney said...

I followed Brandy's steps and all of my stuff looked that way already. So, if someone comments on my blog post, it should show me their email addy if they have it enabled??

Sherrismiles said...

Very useful info. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I will do it later today! I didn't even know that was an option :) Thanks for this post...terribly useful!

Jacquie said...

I am so with you on this! I have had a few people comment on my post on this as no replies lol so I hope everyone checks!

Brandy@YDK said...

i just wanted to let you know that since you posted this button in a blog - you can enter to win something at mamarazzi - this post specifically - http://www.ourdandelionwishes.com/2011/01/i-blame-facebook.html

Lynn said...

Yikes, I didn't know people could be barred from leaving comments if they wanted to. I'm going to go check out the link you posted; thanks for the info.

Unknown said...

So true. Many do not know they can't get emails. When I finally switched it was like a whole new world. :) Found you on Mamarazzi.