1.06.2011

Chihuahua bites kind of tickle.

It's the first Friday of the year. That's good in so many ways! That means the weekend is coming. This particular Friday, my husband is off work. AND? It's time for Friday Fragments!

Mommy's Idea






*** Ace is proving to be excellent birth control. Muah ha haha! He barks. A lot. At night.
I really think he'll settle down once he gets used to life here. But right now,this feisty little ankle-biter is keeping Shelbie hopping. (snicker)







*** I got my first paid writing job! It won't pay all the bills, but it may buy some groceries. And it's a regular, paid writing job! ~~~Happy Dance~~~




*** I'm a CSN Preferred Blogger, and I'll be doing another review for them soon. I'm not sure what I'll get this time, but we're in need of some new comforters, spreads, and/or duvets. I'm thinking of one of these modern duvet covers. Although I may use it for an electric blanket; our light bill knocked my socks off this month - and not in a good way! The price to keep a cold-blooded mama warm is quite high.




*** I've been on Twitter a lot more lately. If you aren't already following me, well, why not? I'm @dsfunctionalmom. And if I'm not following you, well why not? Let me know!




*** I had the privilege of watching Tim Tebow:Everything in Between on ESPN last night . Seriously, it was such a great show. He inspires me. He's a rare sports figure who actually deserves to be respected and admired. And he looks darned good doing it. Mmm-hmm. It airs again today at 5:30 pm on ESPNU, in case you're interested.

And I chose "Where I'm From" by Jason Michael Carroll as my song of this week, because Tim Tebow sang it on the show. I love that guy.



26 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I like Tim Tebow too. Hopefully your doggie will settle down soon. Glad ours is not a yapper.

Amy said...

Congrats on the writing job!

Pain SUX said...

HA! I needed an Ace years ago, maybe when I only had two kids....instead I never got a dog and now I have five kids ;)

~Steph
4 the LUV of SANITY

April said...

So happy for you and your writing job...you go, girl! Sorry you're getting eaten alive...that's a puppy for ya! Yes...Tim Tebow ROCKS!

Kat said...

Congrats on your writing job! How cool is that??? Awesome!
Hope you get that duvet cover you want. :)

Kay said...

yay for the writing job, not so yay for the barking pooch. but it's all a part of life lessons right??

i had no idea you wrote reviews for CSN. how very interesting. do they give you the product or is it more like the secret shopper thing? how on earth did you land that? that sounds very cool!

Brandy@YDK said...

yay for a paid writing job! and i have a twitter but I never go there.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I can't have a dog for that very reason. I get so stressed out with barking, yipping and panting. It's sort of like running water to me, I can't handle that either.

Congrats on the paid writing job!

There have been so many folks getting the CSN promotions. Not sure how you all are getting the gig, but congrats!

Kristin - The Goat

The Crazy Coxes said...

Congrats on the writing job! Awesome!

I love the pic and caption of your dog!!! I hope he adjusts quickly so everyone can get some......sleep! ;)

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Congrats on the new writing gig! That's great news!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm sure Ace will settle in soon.
Congratulations on the writing job. They have some nice duvet covers, they have almost everything there don't they? Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your writing gig!

my chihuahua is 6 years old and still barks at EVERYTHING. so, best of luck with that. :) its part of their charm though. right? right?

Susan said...

I like Tim Tebow, too. Hubs hates him. Go figure.

More Than Words said...

How awesome to get paid for writing!!!

brainella said...

Twitter makes my head hurt...and not in a good way.

Congrats on the writing job. I'd love someone to pay me for this. Then again, they'd probably pay me to STOP. :)

Terra said...

Hey thanks for coming over....a fellow owl lover. I love it. Your first paid writing job, do tell do tell...and Tim Tebow...are you in Colorado? Pry not - but..

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Congrats on the writing gig. Very cool.

CynthiaK said...

Congratulations on the writing job! Great way to start a new year!

Love the dog, too. :)

C said...

what a cute goggie! ace ventura.. lol... congrats on your writing jobbie... details please...

Claudya Martinez said...

Congratulations on the paid writing gig! So happy for you.

Unknown said...

Wow! Your first paid writing gig. Way to go.

Amanda said...

Wooohooo for the writing job!!! I would love to find a writing job to add to my crazy list of things I do.... I just don't even know where to look.

Doreen McGettigan said...

Congrats on your first writing job! I hope you will read my post the Perfect gift http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com
I write about my first writing job!
I love this song :)

shortmama said...

Congrats on the writing job!

Angelia Sims said...

One of my dogs is a crazy barker, but luckily at night she is crated and sleeps. Phew!

Love the song! I now follow you on Twitter. I don't know why I wasn't.

Congrats on your job! That is really an accomplishment!

Myya said...

Congrats on the writing gig, yay you!!! Awesome about CSN review, I hope they contact me again. It was so fun doing it!