1.30.2011

Tea Time!




I have mentioned here before that birthdays are a big deal at the Dysfunction Junction. The celebration usually lasts for around a week. My kids celebrate with their dad, as well as here at home. Andrew celebrates with his grandma and then here at home. Since their birthdays usually fall during the week, we celebrate as a family on that day. Then on the weekend, we have the 'friend' party. We usually get together on yet another day with my family. Sometimes we also send treats in to school, although they're starting to outgrow that.
Anyway.

This time around it was Elayna's turn to celebrate; she turned the big 1-0. It started on Saturday the 22nd at her Dad's house. She came home early on Sunday the 23rd, her actual birthday, and we gave her most of her gifts and had her dinner of choice: cheeseburgers, macaroni & cheese, and asparagus. (Yes, I'm serious.) We had brownies for dessert, with 10 candles stuck in them.


Saturday was the friend party. We have been planning it forEVER. We had a tea party. I posted about the food over at my food blog, Southern Loving, so that this post is not ridiculously long!

There was only one rule: NO boys allowed. John and the boys headed to the arcade in the mall, only to find that it was closed. Permanently. But they found other things to do.

We had real china tea cups & saucers. The girls were asked to come dressed up, and they all did. They all put makeup on each other, and then we had tea. Afterwards Elayna opened gifts, one of which was Just Dance for the Wii. So of course, they played with that until the party was over.

Tea Time!
Cake Time!
Bow Time!
*Cheese!*
Just Dance!

And now for the finale....my family will be coming over today to give her presents and have (yet another) cake & ice cream.
And then maybe I can get to bed early! Birthdays are exhausting.
Oh wait I forgot.....she requested Sausage & Rice casserole for dinner tonight, and of course, I am complying....so it's time to start chopping veggies. *Yawn*




17 comments:

The Nice One said...

YEa! Happy Birthday! What a great idea!!!

Amy said...

Sounds like she had a wonderful time!

A very happy Birthday to Elayna!

Does mom need a nap now? For a week maybe?

j said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sounds like a wonderful week and that she has been thoroughly celebrated.

Have a wonderful week!

Erin said...

I LOVE the bow! And I so love my birthday, I'm coming over to Dysfunction Junction to celebrate mine....I mean if they last a week! YES!!! I will love it!

myevil3yearold said...

Good idea but it made me tired just reading it.

Brandy@YDK said...

looks like she had a great time!

Tara R. said...

What a great way to celebrate turning double-digits! Happy Birthday to Elayna!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

What a fun birthday!! Glad she had a good one!

Liz Mays said...

She is certainly getting every bit of fun out her birthday this year! Wow!

April said...

My goodness...y'all know how to party it up! How fun to have a tea party celebration! Looks like it was a huge hit! Happy Happy Birthday to your girl!

Not a Perfect Mom said...

I can't wait for my girls to old enough for fun stuff like that!

Amanda said...

I'm moving in with your family.... that's okay right? I'm dysfunctional as well ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELAYNA!!!! Her party looked like SO MUCH FUN!

Claudya Martinez said...

That's wonderful. From now on I want to celebrate all my birthdays with your family.

Laura said...

Girls birthday parties are so much fun!! I remember my own birthday parties, dressing up, sleeping over...great memories!

Shannon said...

Oh, what a fun party! I love the idea of a tea-party theme.




P.S. My oldest turns 10 tomorrow. GAH!

Myya said...

Ahhh what a fun week!!! I love the tea party idea. What an adorable girl you've got! Happy Happy Birthay to her :)

Oh hey I wanna ask... what program do you use to blurr the whole picture other then Elayna's??? I need to do something like this for posting pics from my daughters preschool class fieldtrips.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I'm late joining the party, but heck, you might still be partying LOL It sounds like you have a fun tradition :)