1.04.2011

Ace of Hearts

{Our hearts, that is!}

Shelbie, my 15 year old daughter, has wanted a small dog for a long time. She loves pugs & chihuahuas. She wanted a dog that would be her baby.

And last week, I got a Facebook message from a friend,
with an offer we couldn't refuse.

She had developed allergies to her adorable, two year old, long-haired chihuahua, and wanted to know if Shelbie wanted him. He is CKC registered, perfectly healthy and adorable. He just needed a new home.


So naturally......he has found his new home, with us.

Introducing Ace, the newest member of the DysFUNctional Zoo!


Shelbie is spoiling him rotten!
She spent a chunk of her birthday money on a collar, leash, tag, and toys for her new baby.

He has won all of our hearts!



****I'm so excited - Wordful Wednesday is now CO-HOSTED by Parenting By Dummies and the original Wordful Wednesday host, Angie of Seven Clown Circus!
I love both of these awesome ladies!***

Check them both out for more Wordful Wednesday fun.








25 comments:

a49erfangirl said...

Ace is adorable!

Terra Heck said...

What a cute addition to the family!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

What a cutie :)

Kristina P. said...

So cute and sweet!

Buckeroomama said...

He is so cute!! ..and your daughter must be in seventh heaven. :)

Emilie said...

What a cutie! Looks like the perfect match!

Happy WW & thanks for stopping by!
Emilie @ Baby Loving Mama

Erin said...

He's adorable, but I am still the biggest fan of MEEP!!! hee hee

More Than Words said...

Aww! So cute! Our dog is having pups any minute now, and I know it will be hard for me not to get attached to them!

Liz Mays said...

He is so cute and he's already trained and ready to go! ;)

Abby said...

What a cute little guy!

Tara R. said...

He is precious!

Amy said...

Cute pup!

Unknown said...

He's precious and just the size of dog I want. Someday. Just not now. ;)

Glad it worked out for you all to adopt him and bring him into your family!

Claremont First Ward said...

SHe is so cute. And, I'm assuming potty trained? I can't think of a better dog! THANK you so much for the linky love. :)

Kay said...

congrats on the new critter!! we do the large dogs here, but my only daughter is begging for a poodle (non shedding, yahoo!!). maybe your daughter could share her secrets on winning that war with the father figure???

Unknown said...

He is so cute!!!

Brandy@YDK said...

that's awesome. sounds like it was meant to be.

April said...

I'm lovin' the furry little addition to your family!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Ace is a cutie pie!
We are dog-lovers here and I think everyone should have a few furry babies to love. : )

Anonymous said...

Very cool pet story. Enjoy him!

Kat said...

AWWWW!!! What a cutie!!! Congratulations on your new family member!!!! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is so darn cute and I can see that he loves Shelbie. Congratulations!

C said...

oh ACE is adorable! and i know shelbie will be a great lil mama...!

Seizing My Day said...

Oh my goodness!! SO cute! ;) she looks so happy!

Myya said...

Awe, what a fun addition to the family!