3.31.2008

True Love

For all of my kids' birthdays, I always make their favorite meal for dinner. Yesterday, T-bone requested chicken & dumplings.
I love chicken & dumplings.
I can't eat chicken & dumplings.
But of course, I made them for him. I boiled the chicken and rolled out the dough, knowing I couldn't even eat one little dumpling.
And I said to him, "This, my son, is true love."
It was so worth it; he loved them.
This is him, well after dinner, going to the stove and eating them straight out of the pot.

Photobucket

That's true love.
********************************************
ETA: I am blog-hopping today, and I'm going through everyone's blogroll to find new blogs to read. So if I hover on your blog or visit it 1000 times today, please don't be alarmed!


~31 lbs. gone forever!

8 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! That IS true love! Happy Birthday to your dear!
Yeah 31 pounds! Keep up the good work!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday...he sure does look happy!!

Tara R. said...

What a great mom... chicken and dumplings... that brings back great childhood memories.

OHmommy said...

True love... what a GREAT mommy. For my kids birthdays we take them out. Last time we went to McD's. True love or lazy mama!

Love his expression!

Gen said...

Oh, yum! I love chicken and dumplings too. You are a wonderful mom!

Melissa said...

oh man, now I am craving chickens and dumplings!

suchsimplepleasures said...

31 pounds!! holy crap! that's awesome! i hope you're feeling well, though!!!
happy birthday to t-bone!
xo

LunaNik said...

Oh my, I do love me some chicken and dumplings! At least I used to, before I went veg. Damn. You meat eaters have all the fun.