4.27.2013

Sundays in My City


photo.JPG
my jasmine
We had a very nice day. This morning we took a trip to the flea market. No pics from there...trust me, you aren't missing much. But I did get a jasmine plant. If you have never had the pleasure of smelling the lovely scent of jasmine, I am so sorry. Please put "smelling jasmine" on your bucket list, stat. Now I will have some here at home, climbing up a tree near the house. Lovely! We also planted some purple heart that we dug up from my parents' house. Pics to come later when it doesn't look so pathetic.



photo.JPG
Lizard hanging out with an angel.
After the flea market, we went to visit my Mother-in-Law.  She made baked potatoes and we grilled out steaks.  It was delicious!   


Can you find the lizard in this pic?



We built a fire in the fire pit and lounged by the pool.  






When we came home,
I was walking one of the dogs
 and I saw these pretty orange wildflowers.

I had to grab a couple to bring inside
& cheer up the kitchen window!



Unknown Mami
Visit Unknown Mami for
more Sundays in my City
posts!

11 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I'm putting smelling jasmine on my list!!

retired not tired said...

I have smelt jasmine before and it is lovely! Have a great weekend!

Suzy said...

I love the smell of jasmine. Unfortunately some of your pics didn't load :( But thanks for visiting my blog.

Tara R. said...

Ah.... my jasmine is blooming too. It smells wonderful.

Unknown said...

Jasmine? I adore it. I also want a firepit. Our nights are almost always chilly. Enjoy your Sunday.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just commented on another post about the beautiful jasmine! How neat! Enjoy your Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Pool...can't wait to swim again!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Ooh yes, I love jasmine. Growing up we had jasmine in the backyard and sometimes when the windows were open, the breeze would bring the smell in. Fabulous. Dinner sounds AMAZING!

Keetha Broyles said...

Cyndy, I LOVE that "table" fire pit. We have a little portable fire pit, but ours is nada compared to yours!

DontSayHurry said...

Ohh, would love to have sat by a fire today!
-CJR

Michelle said...

I do love the smell of jasmine! I envy your fire pit, I've been wanting one, it just seems like a great way to end an evening!