4.05.2013

My Fun Friday Fragments

I had a pretty good day today!


**The hubby and I got up and ran errands.  I finally got all of the most important things changed to my new last name.

**Then we picked the girls up from school and ran more errands.

** I got an iPhone today.  It's my first. I really liked my Android (it was a Galaxy), but they did an update recently and my phone has been glitching ever since.  So I decided to give the iPhone a try. I'm having fun playing with it and getting used to it so far, and totally annoying people by sending them Emojis.

**When we got home I cooked a yummy dinner; "Philly" cheesesteaks and fries.

** I realize this may not sound like a lot of fun, but hey - I'm a simple girl!
And just hanging out together is fun.  We all crack each other up!
I'm very happy to get my name changed too; it feels like the final closing of a chapter of my life that REALLY needed to be closed.

** Also, I've been in a bit of a funk lately; over exhausted and stressed due to my Dad's surgery and life in general.  But a great friend helped me a lot just by talking to me, and today made me feel even better.

** My friend also sent me this.  She SO gets me!

Photo: and I am :)






My dad is doing GREAT.  He went home from the hospital on Tuesday.  We all went over there last night; I took them burgers so my mom wouldn't have to cook.  He is walking around the house and yard just like he always did - and this was less than a week post triple bypass surgery.  AND HE IS 76.
I come from strong stock.




OMGosh, y'all, speaking of Emojis, my son just sent me this.  



I love that kid!!  He cracks me up!






I'm such a crazy combination of old as dirt and yet, staying current.  I was recently reading something printed on a package and because I'm OLD, I had to hold it out far from my eyeballs in order to read it.  But because I am CURRENT, I tried to stretch it out to make it bigger with my fingers as if it were a touch screen.
DORK!




Hope y'all have a great weekend!



Mommy's Idea



10 comments:

Christine said...

Hahaha! You tried to enlarge the label?? So funny. Though, sometimes I wish it was possible.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hubby has an i-phone and I have a galaxy note II. Lately he has had NO reception and I hand him my phone so he can make a call.

SCORE!!!

(He's always bragging how much BETTER his phone is than mine.)

Amy said...

I wish I could enlarge labels. I can't see any of them anymore. :(

Glad you had a great day and that things are calming down in your world. :)

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I"m ordering an iphone today. I,too, have an android which I love, but my son, and soon my daughter too, has a itouch and I recently realized he can text people with apple devices... my mother, sister, LB, other children. I feel left out!

I feel you about finding someone you just enjoy hanging out with. :-) I'ts a wonderful feeling!

nancygrayce said...

After using my iPad for a while, I try to stretch things too! But I'm mostly old, old school! I want an iPhone, but the superhero hates all things apple! He says I'm going to the dark side!

So glad you got your name changes done. I remember doing that and feeling so excited when it was all done.

I know all about that life stress! Glad your dad is recovering well!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

There comes a point in your life when you will have reading glasses in every room of your house! Sounds like a good day and that is awesome news on your dad. Enjoy your weekend.

Karen and Gerard said...

I don't have an iPhone, tablet or iPad and don't really know the difference between an iPhone and a Blackberry. I feel like an old dinosaur when it comes to technology! I do have a Kindle though and even know how to use it!

Kimberly said...

At least you don't have a blackberry. Gah it's been nothing but a nightmare. I can't even begin to count how many times a day that I have to reboot that piece of crap. GAH.
I'm glad that your dad is moving along the way! Super awesome!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you're Dad is doing so much better. I sure got a kick out of the very last thing you wrote! I'll pass that on to my hubby...he may start doing that, too! lol Hugs!

Kat said...

I'm a simple girl too, so your day sounds wonderful to me! :)
Also, LOVE that sign. So good. :)