4.21.2013

Change.



I've never been a big fan of change.  I'm sure I've mentioned that here before.
I don't rearrange my furniture.  I get in ruts.  I usually keep the same hair color and style.  I'm  little outdated.

But sometimes in life we find ourselves in the middle of a whole lotta change, and we just have to roll with the punches.  Let me tell you what has changed in my life, just in the past six months: 

My marital status, twice: (divorce and then remarriage)

My last name:  (technically twice also. I had my maiden name restored when John and I divorced but didn't officially change anything since I knew I was marrying Byron.)

My job:  I started a new job in October.  Even though it's still in the health care field which I've worked in for almost 7 years now, it's totally different from what I've done before.  For the most part, I love it.  Just last week I had a sweet little old lady hold my hand and tell me there is a special place for me in Heaven.  But, it's definitely challenging as well.

My home:  I moved out to the woods with my love in December.  My husband welcomed me into his beautiful home and I could not love it more.

   



My car:  I kept the car when John and I split, but gave it back to him a few months ago  It needed more work than I wanted to pay for. It wouldn't survive the trips down the long dirt road to our home, anyway.  Now we just use Byron's big red 4x4 truck, which I LOVE.





Pets:  Byron came with a cat and dog, Mama Kitty and Patchy, whom he loves.  Since we got together, we acquired a little ankle-biter dog for me, Mackenzie, and then ended up with Byron's son's dog, Bo.  I adore all of these animals, but Patchy most of all.  He is an American Bulldog, about 11 years old, and just a wonderful animal.

Byron & Mama Kitty
Sweet Patchy

A-dork-able Bo


Crazy Mackenzie
 

Family: I have gained a Mother-in-Law, a stepson, and a brother-in-law.  Also, my stepson has a girlfriend whom we consider another one of our kids.  And a whole, wonderful, loving extended family.

Lifestyle: I now live in a world of hunting and country life.  My husband has outfitted me in head-to-toe camo.  I have learned so much from him.  Our yard attracts turkeys, raccoons, opossums, deer, hogs, coyotes, and who knows what else. I learned how to cook wild hog in the crockpot.
 Yes, these are MY boots on MY feet.

His & Hers Phone Cases
Home.....


        

For a girl who is resistant to change, that is a WHOLE LOTTA CHANGE in a short period of time.
It's no wonder I get a little overwhelmed sometimes.

But there is a contentment in this life that I have never before known.  A security and a feeling of protection and safety.

I guess sometimes.....change really is good.


Linking up with:

Unknown Mami   

Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

Ni Hao Yall
Mosaic Monday

18 comments:

StarTraci said...

Looks like a lot of happy change and a beautiful change of scenery as they say.
Happy Sunday!
:-)
Traci

betty-NZ said...

Wow! That's a lot of change. But your new life sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you found contentment.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

It sounds and looks as though we are neighbors. Yes, change can be good. You've had some great changes to adjust to.

Thanks for visiting, Cindy. I've joined your fan-club and look forward to more visits. I also look forward to the day when you edit people's spelling. Bad spelling and grammar drive me bonkers.

xoRobyn

Joanna Jenkins said...

I smiled more and more as I read your posts-- It just kept getting better for you. Congratulations on your new marriage and all the happiness it is clearly bringing you!
Happy SIMC, jj

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Most definitely a lot of good change :) Those cell phone cases are to cute. My cousin and his wife go hunting a lot and would love them. Where did you get them?

retired not tired said...

The changes have all been for the good. Wishing you more good changes.

Kmcblackburn said...

Holy Moly! That's a whole lotta change. But it sounds like GOOD change that u r embracing. It's all great :)

tiarastantrums said...

okay now - I could totally take the deer and the turkey in my yard - i would even gladly cook wild hog - BUT I would not be too keen on a dead deer's head in my house! (So happy you ARE smiling BIG smiles again!!)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Lots of change, but sometimes it's the best thing ever! Hoping much happiness with all the "news" in your life! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

nancygrayce said...

You and I have a lot of similar changes.....I'm just a few years (older) ahead of you! Great changes and I've gotta get my superhero one of those phone cases!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm really lovin the boots.

I'm not a fan of change either but sometimes it just happens and like you said we just have to roll with the punches.

Amy said...

Happy Change! Happy for you! :)

Aleta said...

I can't stand change either! I'm very slow to accepting any types of changes and after reading your list, that's overwhelming... BUT a lot of GOOD changes.

I can hear the peaceful frame of mind you were in making this blog post. I think your surroundings are really making you happy and that's so nice to read :) Happy for you!

Raymonde said...

I think as human being we are made for change, for one thing change is the one constant thing throughout. :)
To embrace it is wise.
Thank you for your visit. Have a great day.

Kimberly said...

Change is super scary but yours? Yours is pure bliss. I am so happy for you.
Not for the deer though.
:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Life is all about change...it's just a fact of life. That we embrace it and make our lives the best they can be is what makes us happy! I love your attitude! You will always be happy!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Change is hard, even when it is good. I'm so glad you have had so many positive changes. You deserve it!

Claudya Martinez said...

I am so happy for you.