4.26.2013

Keep Calm and Frag On!





~I am seriously hurting over the passing of country music legend George Jones.  There has never been, nor will there ever be, anyone like the Possum.  May he RIP.  I wish I'd seen him live just one time.
One of the things I love about him, besides his amazing voice and talents, is that he totally owned the negative things he did in his past, and could laugh at himself about them.  When he was badly addicted to alcohol and drugs he got the nickname "No-Show Jones" after missing many performances.  Instead of giving up or crying about it, he wrote a a song called "No-Show Jones" and opened most of his concerts with it!
He also was notorious for jumping on his lawn mower to get where he needed to go after one of his four wives would hide his car keys.  He appears in a few different videos riding around on a mower!  I love that attitude.  It's like, Eff y'all, this is me whether you like it or not!

~ We had a good Friday.  Slept WAY in as usual, then we ran a few errands including taming my unruly eyebrows!  YIKES!
Then we ate at Red Robin.  We just got a Red Robin in our town a month ago and it was our first time going.  The food AND drinks were amazing!  YUM!
We both got the Bacon Cheeseburger. I got Pepper Jack Cheese on mine.  It was seriously one of the best burgers I've ever had.  And my drink I think was called Freckled Strawberry Lemonade.  It had fresh strawberries, vodka and lemonade.  Again- YUM!
P.S. I am not being paid for this at all.  
I just love food and want everyone to know how good it was!

~ This week was one of the best I've had at my job.  Part of it was, I had several patients who really touched my heart and I truly enjoyed taking care of them.  But I think another part of it is that I'm really getting into the groove of the job.  I know what I'm doing and what's expected of me and I can do it all with  relative ease now.

~ Oh, I almost forgot!  I am kicking the diet soda habit.  For real.  I did it once before for my gastric bypass surgery, and was supposed to never start again post-op....ooops!  I lasted for quite a while without it...at least a year, I think.  But then I started back.  I've read for years about how horrible aspartame is for your body, but I ignored it.  I buried my head in the sand.  But no more.  I am done poisoning myself.



PS - I HAVE Fibromyalgia, as well as several of the other things on this list.  Scary stuff.  And of course you can find denials about all of this on Aspartame's website as well as the FDA's site, but I'm not buying it.

~ Hope y'all have a good weekend!  I'm off to do a quick clean up of the house so I can relax all weekend.  =)


Mommy's Idea 

  ~ This song will always & forever give me chills.





12 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm with you on the aspartame thing. I used to basically LIVE on it. I ate and drank anything and everything "diet." I haven't had one bit of aspartame, or ANY artificial sweetener, for that matter, since I came home from Italy last Sept. I felt the difference almost immediately. I know it was key in helping me shed the nearly 70 lbs I've lost since.

Have a great weekend!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

i thought he was the lawnmower guy!!!! im not a huge country fan but i do love a lot of the older stuff. the songwriting is amazing.

i was just at our local RR last night having drinks with coworkers. its a great place for fun fruity drinks. :)



Traci Marie Wolf said...

I have a lot of fond memories of George Jones having grown up with grandparents who didn't know any other music existed. He makes me smile, especially with getting busted on his lawnmower. I'm sure his wives were PISSED. As I would be.

Not fond of sugar free stuff and it's a good thing.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I have definitely scaled back on the soda. It is reserved for eating out!

We like Red Robin too, although it's a little more expensive than some of it's comparable counterparts here, so we don't go often. They have a Chicken sandwich on foccacia that I love!

Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

We used to take B's team to RR every Sat night after games. They don't have one where we moved. :( You just made me seriously miss it and their endless fries.

Glad you had a good week :)

Keetha Broyles said...

We're 7 and a half hours away from our kids and grands. Sometimes we meet in the middle at a Red Robin in Hoffman Estates, a burb of Chicago. Always great food!

Diane said...

I grew up listening to George Jones. Saw him at an outdoor concert once in the 90's. It was a big thing with several country artists and if my memory serves me correctly, he showed up late. Lol. He will be greatly missed, for sure.

Aleta said...

I'm jealous that you have a Red Robin! We get the commercials on TV for them, but the closet one is an hour and a half away.

I gave up sodas when I was pregnant and I haven't gone back. Reading that list makes me happy about that!

Unknown said...

I cut out the Aspartame and Sucralose after developing slurred speech and difficulties walking and driving... it took 18 months to get it out of my system, but I haven't had any issues since!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I stopped drinking soft drinks 15 years ago. I drink only water with fresh lemon. I saw many post about George Jones this week. I have never heard of him. I even went and listened to his songs on YouTube to see if I maybe knew a song. I just got into Country Music two years ago when Scotty McCreery won Idol. I am so sorry for the lose you are feeling. Love, love, love Red Robin. Haven't had one in a long time since I've been low carb but we have one very close to our house. They are the best and I love the garlic fries.

Kay said...

Oh I loved Jones too!!! That song makes me think of my grandfather, who still visits Grandma's grave regularly.

My mother is allergic to aspartame. That crap is not joke :-(

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I wish they would build a red robin here. I always see there commercials and get so hungry ;)

Good luck kicking the diet soda habit. I have never liked diet anything. Has always tasted like poison to me, but Coke on the other hand is my downfall. I have been doing a lot better lately.