4.13.2013

A Day Late and a Dollar Short


....as usual!
I have an excuse.
I've been busy.  I'll share all of the pictures on Sunday, but here's a sneak peek.....




Tonight (Friday night) was Shelbie's Junior Prom.
I know I am biased, because she is MINE, but....O.M.G.  She looked SO, SO beautiful.  I couldn't stop the tears, looking at her and her beautiful friends whom I've watched grow up since middle school.  They are so confident, poised, and lovely.

After pictures they headed off to dinner.  Shelbie and my new stepson, Tyler, ate dinner at the same restaurant and one of Shelbie's friends took a pic of the two of them together.

Byron, my mother-in-law, and I went out to dinner together.  We had a great time.  I really lucked out in the MIL department this time around.  She loves me and my children.  She's sweet and SMART and a wonderful person.  She, of course, adores her son and so do I.

OK one more.  Then I'm outta here.

Me & My Girl


It's bedtime for this girl.  We're going to hang out with the MIL tomorrow.  I plan on tanning by her pool!
Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!!


Mommy's Idea

13 comments:

Traci Marie Wolf said...

That color!! It's perfect on her, so lovely.

nancygrayce said...

Oh, she is beautiful! What a sweet picture of the two of you! Love her dress!

Tara R. said...

Oh my.... Shelbie is gorgeous!

Amy said...

She's beautiful! :)

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

She's breathtaking. You may be biased, but you are spot on!

mail4rosey said...

Your daughter does look absolutely gorgeous. I hope she had a fun time at the dance.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She looks beautiful! I hope she had a wonderful time. So glad you and your MIL get together so well. That is a blessing.

Tami said...

She is so pretty and she is wearing PURPLE!!! My son is going to the prom this year but it isn't until May.

Claudya Martinez said...

Aww, she looks beautiful and so do you.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

She looks beautiful. I hope she enjoyed her night.

Mrs4444 said...

She's lovely.

Awesome MILs are treasures. I have one, too, so I can relate :)

Byron? Have you changed your naming policy? :)

Have a great weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She is radiant...especially in that close up! You both are beautiful young ladies! I know you're proud of her!

Kimberly said...

She is so beautiful. takes after her momma for sure.
Love that colour too!