2.24.2013

SIMC: Still in my Jammies Edition

I must say it's been a wonderful Sunday!

I woke up to noises in the kitchen.  I walked in to find my daughters saying "Dang it!  We were trying to surprise you and bring you breakfast in bed!"  I stayed up and helped very minimally as they made scrambled eggs, bacon, and cinnamon rolls.  Delicious!

Then, the girls, Hunter, and I bathed all three dogs.  I'd been procrastinating about this task for ages but it wasn't bad at all; they did so well and I am loving having three CLEAN dogs.


Patchy, the old man

Bo, the young whippersnapper

Mackenzie, the bossy little girl


The weekend has been as good as we planned.  Yesterday after the baseball game (which the kids' school won, 10-2), Hunter's mom and her best friend came over for dinner.  I gave his mom a copy of the photo of I took of the swamp here on our property (the one Unknown Mami insisted that I display!).  I also put mine in a frame and hung it on the wall.  I love it, and so did H's mom and her friend!

(beside one of SIX deer heads
 that adorn our living room
walls.)
Hope y'all are having a great weekend too!!



Unknown Mami


12 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How sweet of them to make you breakfast. Nothing like clean dogs.
I've been putting off giving Skye her bath! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Keetha Broyles said...

Why SIX deer heads in one living room?

ChiTown Girl said...

My mother had to deal with wild boar heads in her family room (!) so I kinda think the deer heads are cute. ;-)

How sweet of your babies to try and surprise you with breakfast. Then again, you deserve it for being a rock star momma!

Kat said...

Aww. What sweeties you have to make you breakfast. That's awesome. :)

Amy said...

What good girls you have! They love you so much to do that for you.

Glad you had a great weekend!

nancygrayce said...

What a sweet thing to do fixing you breakfast, and I do love my dogs after a good bath!

I completely understand the 6 deer heads. Hunters!

Myya said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend for sure.

Love that you have deer heads on the walls... reminds me of when I was a kid :)

Diane said...

Glad you had a relaxing Sunday. Sounds much like mine, minus someone making me breakfast. I would pass out if my boys did that! All three of my dogs got baths yesterday too. I love clean doggies. :)

Tara R. said...

Doggy bath time around here means EVERYONE gets wet, as in soaking.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Deer heads in the living room? I know, we've talked about this, but deer heads in the living room??? I guess we know how he got his blog nickname! :-)

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

So sweet of them to make you breakfast!

Claudya Martinez said...

I told you that picture is a winner!