2.28.2013

Darned Near Perfect


Today was basically, in my world, a darned near perfect day.
I worked last night and came home, fell into bed, and slept for a few hours.
Then it was time to pick up the girls.  Hunter's son T had a baseball game after school, so we went to watch him play.  My son came too - which I just loved.  He doesn't know H's son that well and it just warmed this Mama's heart for him to come to his baseball game.  Hunter's son's girlfriend was there too, along with her mother, and we all hung out.  It was a blast. Oh AND the team won.  Bonus!

Afterwards, we all went out for dinner and Hunter's mom met us there.  My son Tim got to the restaurant before we did so when we got there, he was sitting chatting with Hunter's mom, just the two of them.  So funny.  Hunter and I LOVED that.  Over dinner, Tim and Hunter's son bonded over making fun of me.  Thanks, guys!  And Shelbie and T's girlfriend talked more than they ever have before.  It's such a great group of kids!  I love teenagers....and my little pre-teen too, of course.  (and holy crap I just realized my son won't be a teenager any more as of next month!  Yikes!)

Dinner was a blast too, and delicious.  Latin food....YUM!
Tomorrow will be fun too - T has another game.  This one is out of town.  H and I are going, and taking Shelbie and T's girlfriend with us.  Poor Hunter will be totally outnumbered! Ha!


Speaking of Hunter.
I could write a whole blog about the stuff Hunter says.  Today we were buying plants from Walmart.  We got caladium bulbs, one of my very favorites.  H says, "What kind of plants are they again? Chlamydia?"
Um, no, babe.  BIG difference.  And just now about something on TV - "UGH.  That is GROTESQUE." I heart him.

I made these Cookies & Cream Cookies this week.  HIGHLY recommend.  I took some to work and everyone who tried them LOVED them.

We'll be planting trees and plants this weekend (LOTS of chlamydia).  AND...I'm getting CHICKENS!!  It's been many years since I've had chickens and I've wanted some more for so long.  I can't wait to finally get some!

We're also on a mission to take out some of the hogs that keep coming up in our yard.  Nasty, destructive critters - but delicious!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Mommy's Idea



16 comments:

April said...

So happy to know that life is treating you well!

Wayne W Smith said...

Hope you enjoy your new chickens!

Amy said...

Ok - that was funny!

A lot of people don't realize how horribly destructive wild hogs are. They hear wild hog and think cute, little piggy. Um - no. But they are delicious! :)

Have fun at the game. That's where we're headed too. :)

HUGS!

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw, your day DOES sound perfect!

I love the image I have in my head of your son and Hunter's mom chatting away while they waited for you guys. Too sweet!

And, um, yeah...my son won't be a teenager anymore, either, after his next birthday. =( How the HELL did that happen to a couple of smokin' hot mamas like us?!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Those darned near perfect days are the best! Sounds like you guys all had a lot of fun at the game (yay they won!) and dinner afterwards, too. :)

Hunter sounds like my hubby - they keep life interesting (and funny), don't they? :)

Granny Princess Nagger, 5-dollar Pancakes and Apple Pie Apples – it’s a Friday Fragment Free For All of Fun!

Diane said...

Caladium. Chlamydia. I can see how a man could get confused. LOL.

Myya said...

It is about darn time that you are really enjoying life & having wonderful things happen for you. You soooo deserve it!!!

Kay said...

Oh I would totally shoot the hogs and enjoy that meat ;-) Oh, I love chickens too! I would love to have some, but we move around too much :-(

I am so glad you had such a perfect day, those are such a blessing!!! I am glad you enjoy teens. They scare me just a bit, but I have to adapt soon, I will have one starting end of the year. They grow up so fast.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds perfect. I just love days like that! I repinned your pin.
Enjoy your weekend.

nancygrayce said...

That does sound like a perfect day and I must confess I think many have bonded by making fun of me! :)

Laughed out loud at the chlamydia! I think I'll plant some of those!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hunter's plant faux pas made me giggle 'cause hubby hears stuff like that, and even worse, in the ER all the time.

Sorry I'm so late getting around to all the ff posts this week.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hunter's plant faux pas made me giggle 'cause hubby hears stuff like that, and even worse, in the ER all the time.

Sorry I'm so late getting around to all the ff posts this week.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I cannot wait to start planting.
I have a blog friend who got chickens last summer. Its been so much fun reading about and seeing their progress.
I love teenagers too, especially my grandkids...

Mrs4444 said...

Yea on the chickens! Yikes on the pigs--Don't laugh, but are you saying that wild pigs come to your yard and you kill them and eat them?

Hunter is cute; sounds like he has the same sense of humor that Mr4444 has.

Happy for you :)

Claudya Martinez said...

Love the misunderstanding about the plant name. Too funny.

Kat said...

That does sound like an awesome weekend! Yay!
Chlamydia plants. YIKES! ;)
And those cookies look dangerous. I'll have to try them. Thanks!