2.18.2013

Dissolved


Almost a year and a half after John and I separated, we are at last officially divorced.

Why on earth, you may ask, did it take this long?  No children in common, no major property or assets?
Well the answer is basically the same answer to why I left him.

Repeated lies, promises to do something and never following through, and the fact that John never does ANYTHING unless a woman forces him to do it or just gives up and does it for him.

Most of this divorce, I ended up doing for him.  We had originally agreed to do it together and split the costs.  We made several arrangements to meet and do this, and he would always cancel last-minute.  He even claimed he filed at one point; it was a lie (shocker).  So I finally filed myself and filled out all of my paperwork, but there were still some things that he had to do.  First of all I couldn't even get him served because he couldn't even tell me the truth about where he lived.  (as if I care.  Please.)

Then he couldn't even follow the correct steps to inform the court that although he hadn't been served he was aware of the proceedings and in agreement.  Guess who had to meet him at his job with a notary friend, get the form from him, have it notarized AND FILE IT FOR HIM?  Yep that would be ME.

I emailed, texted, called, instructed, informed, THREATENED, and at last it is done.

I could go on and on about what a royal pain this was and why, but suffice it to say I am FREE from all of this at last.  The divorce filing procedure itself made certain that I never forgot and never regretted why I left him to begin with.  (among MANY other issues. Ugh.)

I feel sorry for whatever woman is leading him around by his cojones now to get him through day to day life (besides his Mommy, who is ALWAYS happy to do it), and I am just happy it's no longer me.


If you see this pic on a post on my main blog, it means there's a new post here.






11 comments:

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

Oh man, I dealt with a very similar man when I got divorced. He actually brought his MOTHER to my lawyer's office to sign the papers. And he didn't even sign them then. Oh did I mention he showed up on what would have been our 1-year anniversary? What a jerk.

Anyways, this is about you! ;) I feel your pain, I really do. I am proud of you for sticking to your guns and making it happen!! You go girl! :)

Amy said...

There is something just really not right with the relationship that he has with his mom. I'm close with my boys but they can still all stand on their own 2 feet.

Your ex is about as much of a waste of space as your kids step-mom is. LOL Oops - did I just say that? ;)

Tara R. said...

Good luck and best wishes for a long, happy life with Hunter.

ChiTown Girl said...

Congratulations, Cyndy.

Now the next exciting chapter of your life can start on a high note!

nancygrayce said...

Congratulations that it is over! Sometimes it's hard to believe we marry the ones we marry! I married the same one twice....and divorced twice.....so go figure! Married the right one on the third try. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations and ((HUGS))

Kimberly said...

Now go and shake off that oppression of of your beautiful wings and fly freely like you're supposed to.
I'm so happy for you. May this open the door to wonderful new adventures.
Did this sound like a bad Hallmark card?

Myya said...

Congratulations! Super sucky you had to do it all but THANK GOODNESS it's over. Celebrate my friend, you deserve it!!!

Kat said...

Whew! Free at last, free at last! Thank God almighty, free at last! ;)

Glad that is all over and done with for you. Congrats!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

YAY! I am remarkably close to quoting MLK, so I'll just say, "YAY!"

Mrs4444 said...

Good for you!I'm glad the ties connecting you were not very complicated.