11.04.2011

T.G.I.Fragments


Mommy's Idea



My day started off with a phone call at 7:11 a.m. I was sleeping soundly. I should have been at work at 7:00 a.m.
Ooops. I made it to work at 7:40 a.m., which practically defies the laws of physics. I have no idea how I pulled that off. But I'm glad I did! I figure a day that starts out like this is bound to be interesting....

So many of you commented on my mention of Sonic in my Halloweekend post. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one addicted to that place. I'm pretty sure they put crack in the drinks. And I'm totally okay with that. I love to get a Diet Coke with cherry syrup AND real cherries - lots of them. Nom! My kids are just as addicted as I am; they beg to go to Sonic. I could never work there though. I can just see myself trying to roller-skate around AND carry food. I am a disaster just attempting to walk on a level surface. The thought of me roller skating with a tray full of food is hilarious!

I am currently making a lunch date for next week with two of my old friends from high school. Not the ones I hang out with all the time, different ones. This lunch date is made possible by Facebook. Have I told you lately that I love Facebook? When I stop and think of things that have happened in my life that would never have happened without Facebook, it blows my mind.

On a related note.....I have a friend who is my age, 38. She has an 18 year old son, a 3 year old son....and just found out she is pregnant again. Just thinking about that makes me exhausted!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song, and these amazing women. Enjoy!




Hope you all have a good weekend!
Don't forget to visit Mrs 4444 for more Friday Fragments.




12 comments:

Amy said...

Oops on being late to work :(

Enjoy your lunch with your friends next week.

Have a great weekend!

Barbara said...

I love Sonic too but unfortunately we don't have them in Canada. When we are on a road trip to Florida we make a point of stopping there to eat.

Hootin Anni said...

Sorry to burst the bubble here...I'm not one to like Sonic. But I do like the fact that they deliver to your car on roller skates. LOL Brings back good memories of the 1950s


My Fragmental Friday Link

Hope you have a quiet day for yourself this weekend. See y'over at my blog if you can find time.

My Mercurial Nature said...

I'm so in love with Facebook for reuniting me with old school friends!! I hope your lunch date is a blast!

Bill Lisleman said...

Hell on Heels - I guess those sugar daddies get what they deserve. Funny song.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I hate when that happens!!!

We don't have a local Sonic, I must find one and try the drinks that you and others always rave about.

Rachael said...

I love Facebook for that reason too! Over the summer I hosted an Arbonne party for a friend who was selling it. The attendees were a girl I went to high school with that I hadn't seen since then, my Mom, an online friend I'd never met in real life, a woman I met through a Meetup.com meetup group and a family friend. It was crazy, but so fun to have all those world collide!

qandlequeen said...

I've never been impressed with Sonic. Then my hubby who is from Oklahoma tried eating there and said what we offer here is drastically different in quality. No wonder everyone in the world LOVES their Sonic and all of my local friends agree with me that it sucks. Ours must be doing something different. I will say that their ice cream is awesome. Had an ice cream cone just a few hours ago.

Unknown said...

When I lived in the US, there were Sonic restaurants in the New Orleans area. Terrible food. Always caused indigestion. I would be surprised if they are still operating. Glad to know somewhere in the great continent of North America someone makes Sonic work great.

Kat said...

I hate waking up in a rush like that. Throws the whole day off.

Have fun with your friends!!!! :)

Sandra said...

So did you teleport to work or what? That is quick!
As for Sonic, we don't have them in Canada, but we'll be sure to look for one next time we're in the US!

Mrs4444 said...

I woke up an hour late this week, too, but I did make it to work on time. Hopefully, tonight's extra hour will set us straight for next week :)

Too cheap to go to Sonic more than once, thank goodness :)

Have fun with your school chums. I agree--FB is awesome.