11.09.2011

I'm Alright



In case you missed it, I posted this weekend that my husband and I are separating.

What I didn't really explain is that I am alright.
I have been anxious, depressed, frustrated, and hurting for a while now.
But since I made this decision, I feel like a burden has been lifted off of me. I literally feel lighter. I am happier, and my children are happier. My husband is not, and I do feel sad about that. I also feel sad for what Andrew will lose.

Other than that...I'm good. I feel confident and strong. And that makes me certain that I'm making the right decision.

Of course, there is much more to this situation than I've posted here. Some of it I may post eventually, some I probably won't. My blog isn't the place to perform a post-mortem on my marriage. And really....there's just no point.

It's time to move forward and get on with my life. There are good things coming our way....of that I am sure!

And I greatly appreciate the support of my blog friends. You all are wonderful!


Visit Shell at Things I Can't Say for more PYHO posts!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs* I admire your strength. This too, shall pass. :)

diane rene said...

I know you're okay with it, but I'm still sorry ... hugs

Tara R. said...

I'm so sorry Cyndy. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Amy said...

I always feel better after I make a decision too. By then, I've done all the hashing out. Kicked around the pros and cons.

I'm really glad that you're at peace with the decision you've made.

Hugs hon!

ChiTown Girl said...

Here's to your future and your newly revived happiness!

Megan said...

I am glad that you are at peace with your decision. Sometimes when you make announcements like that, people say, "oh look at what your loosing" but they really need to take a look at what you're gaining!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have been on my mind so much since you told us. I almost emailed you but don't want to bother you. Please know that I care. I know you will be okay.
((HUGS))

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry, hon. {{hugs}}

Brandy@YDK said...

i'm still sorry. i know you will be strong and do fine. but it still sucks for you.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but it sounds like you've made the right choice. I went through a divorce in 2009 and it was hard, and I didn't have children. *hugs*

Not a Perfect Mom said...

I'm just getting caught up...
Sorry for a marriage ending, but happy you're okay...
shoot me a message if you need to vent or talk...

Shell said...

You sound so strong and confident. And happy. xo

Anonymous said...

cyndy im so sorry. ive felt from the tone of your blog for the last few months that you were feeling a lot of stress and im sorry its come to this. but youre a strong gal and i know you'll be fine. and if this is what you want, im happy for you.

hugs to you my bloggy friend.

My Mercurial Nature said...

It's such a hard decision to make, but sometimes it's the most difficult paths we take that have the greatest rewards!!! (((HUGS)))

Kat said...

I'm so sorry. :(

Helene said...

I admire your strength and courage. I really do. I can imagine what it must feel like to have that burdened lifted and to finally feel happy. Honest to God true happiness. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be a happier person (and my kids happier children) if I had the same kind of courage.