6.29.2008

What I Love About Camping

Honestly, I think I love everything about camping. We don't go totally primitive, i.e. we have showers & bathrooms at the campsites. But we sleep in a tent, cook over a fire, and don't use electricity. And we have a blast!
I love swimming, I love cooking outdoors, and I love lying in the tent, looking up through the screened skylight at the stars.
I love hiking and seeing deer on the trail, and teaching the kids about respecting nature.
I love the camaraderie among campers.
I love seeing fish in the water, and swimming right next to them.
I love the ride home, still a little wet and pleasantly tired.
I really love the warm shower and warm bed, once you get home.


Putting up the tent.........


Photobucket

This is where we spent most of our time.

Photobucket

Deer, directly in front of us on the trail. They're not very fearful and would let us come pretty close. There's a baby in the bushes on the left but it's very hard to see him.

Photobucket

The river that the spring feeds. There are huge Gulf Sturgeon that leap out of the water and into the air. It's really cool to see.
(that's T-bone sticking his head over the dock.)


Photobucket


The Princess, posing by a Manatee (we were at Manatee Springs).

Photobucket

Yum! Sugared up kids = Happy kids.

Photobucket

My Princess and I

Photobucket

We had such a great time & can't wait to go back!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Now THAT looks like a good time!!!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

aww, how fun!

Kellan said...

It looks like a great time and what a beautiful spot to camp - I'd be in that water all day too!

Take care - Kellan

GypsiAdventure said...

Now, truth be told, I am not a big fan of camping, but from the pics...it sure looks like you guys had a good time. Maybe I've been in the wrong spots all these years! :)
~K

Candid Carrie said...

It is a dirty job and somebody has to do it. Better you than me! I like ALL the comforts of home! I admire those of you who can "rough" it like your family. Thanks for sharing.

Kat said...

That's how we always did camping too. It's just been so long since I've been. Your pics make me want to go again RIGHT NOW! I love that tent! It is supercool! And what a great camping area! The swimming looks fab! Wow!
So glad you had such a good time. :)

anymommy said...

That looks like a blast! Honestly, though, I detest camping. But, your pictures are beautiful.

I hope you'll update us on Suzie. I love how you described her as a little old lady.

Alison said...

looks and sounds wonderful...I love camping also...every minute of it!!! except the packing up and the cleaning up when we get home!!

Laski said...

I am so not a camper, but I think you may have singlehandedly changed my mind!!!

pb&j in a bowl said...

I love camping but haven't been in about 11 years. I'm gonna have to show my hubby these pics to convince him that it will be fun!

MarĂ­a said...

Bugs. And dirt. And. Other stuff.


*shudders*

Momisodes said...

Aww, looks like you all had a blast! Those are gorgeous scenic pics :)

I've never been camping, but this looks fun!