6.12.2008

Thursday Thirteen: 13 Gripes



I try hard to be a positive person. I try to look on the bright side. I try to focus on what I have instead of what I don't have, the good in life instead of the bad. And I try to reflect that here.
But today, I feel like bitching.So here are my 13 Gripes!

* I have a freakin' headache.
* The a/c is crapping out AGAIN. I think the morons didn't put freon in.
* I don't want to go to work tonight. Work sucks lately.
* People owe me money and refuse to pay it. And I think that sucks!
* My old fart dog has barked at the puppies ALL DAY LONG. I think I know why I have a headache!
* I have to work a 12 hour shift tonight. Sigh.
* The kids ate all my Claussen Kosher Dill minis. THE NERVE!
* The a/c morons haven't even returned my call today.
* I had really bad dreams in the short time I slept today. REALLY BAD.
* It's too hot to cook dinner.
* My princess is sad because I have to go to work soon. :*(
* One of my foster dogs isn't acting right and I'm worried about her.
* I've probably just bummed out all four of my readers with this whiney post!

16 comments:

Chel said...

Oh, puhlease. We all have those days. Work was so long and tiring today that I'm sitting on my tush telling my husband how to cook dinner instead of doing it myself! And we're gonna eat in front of the tv before committing to a serious night of Wii action.

Hope it cools off soon for you!!

Sue said...

I'm not bummed. Am I one of the fantastic four?

Anonymous said...

Okay.

I LOVE your blog.

Can we be friends?

I love everything you love. Hate everything you hate (except black olives and mushrooms - sorry.)

And I LOVE your vintage stuff.

Anne Taintor is my FAVORITE. (I used her theme on my blog with permission - and now she reads my blog!!!)

Thanks for keeping it real, here, girl!

Bookmarking you now!

Unknown said...

I'm #4! It is 9:45 and I just finished eating my dinner, it was one of those days..... we all have them girl, and it is perfectly fine to vent when you need to!! That's what we are here for. Tomorrow is Friday, and hopefully it will be better....

Tara R. said...

Just rant away sista! We got your back. Bastard A/C guys!

Kat said...

It takes more than that to bum me out! ;)
I hope work is unexpectedly great tonight and that your headache magically disappears. And if not, at least the dream was just a dream and not real. Right?
Hang in there!

Momisodes said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear. The bad dreams is probably due to the heat. I had the wackiest dreams this week from the 100 degree temps. CRAZY!

Hope your night at work flies by and your headache gets better.

Kellan said...

Having the A/C crap out would definitely put me in a bad mood. Hope you didn't have to work that long shift. Take care and have a good day tomorrow. Kellan

Anonymous said...

It feels awesome to rant sometimes doesn't it??

Rant away..we are here to listen.. and boo to those AC guys

Eternal Sunshine said...

LOL! I guess I'm lucky - my kids don't like pickles, so I get them all to myself!! I keep asking them "Whose children ARE you??"

Gen said...

Nope, not bummed. Sounds like you have good reasons to gripe, and sometimes griping just feels good.

Anonymous said...

i hope you had a better friday than thursday.

and i really hope your a/c is working properly.

krissy said...

Don't worry about me getting bummed by your post. You can't bum out a whiner like me.

Wish your job didn't suck so much! And damn A/C man, I would be in hysterics by now.

Heather said...

:singin': Momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this....

And you don't lose friends over days like these, sistah!

Hang in - hopefully it's a new day :)

KatBouska said...

I hate those kinds of days...you'll get through it.

ps pick up some pickles on your way home from work today!! Thanks.

OHmommy said...

I agree... it is too hot too cook. WTF are mothers supposed to cook in summer?