9.30.2011

Pardon....

....the language, but I just could not resist.



Life is a curious mixture of awesome, meh, and craptastic lately.

I think I mentioned that I took a job with a Home Health Agency. I am getting certified for everything under the sun; I'll be able to perform surgery by the time I'm done! OK maybe not quite, but I'll give you a discount if you let me try.....
Anyway, it's really awesome that I'm getting all of this certification & training in my field. On Monday I'm scheduled to complete the last certification & evaluation and then I'll start seeing clients.
I absolutely love the owners; you know when your new boss quotes comedian Ron White, you're gonna love your job. "You can't fix stupid." Enough.Said.

I have had some wonderful quality time with friends both old and new, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. And I have more friend-dates lined up in the near future, which is even better!

Last Friday night I went to Shelbie's high school's homecoming game; I was only planning on dropping her off, but her cousins were there. These are her cousins on her father's side and I don't get to see them often, but I was there when these kids were born and we were very close when they were little. The oldest is now in the Marines, and he's deploying to Afghanistan next month. So, they talked me in to coming into the game and I ended up staying the whole time and hanging out with them and having a blast. And Mr Marine is coming over to our house tonight for a cookout, too. I love that kid to pieces!
I still consider them my niece & nephew; they still call me Aunt Cyndy. The thing with divorce is you don't necessarily want to divorce the whole family! These kids & I will always be close, and anyone who doesn't like it, well....they know what they can do.

Elayna was sworn in on Wednesday as a Safety Patrol. This is a high honor for 5th graders, and all of my (bio) children have been patrols, and I was too way back in the dark ages. At the end of the year, they take a field trip to Washington DC. She is super proud of herself, and I am so excited for her!





It's soccer season and I'm always running Tim to work or Shelbie to some friend's house, on top of everything else. Free time and sleep are things that I vaguely remember, but don't have a lot of recent experience with. Which is why my blogging is so half-assed, a day late, and a dollar short lately. It will get better. Or, it won't, and ya know what? I'm okay with that, too.

Stop by Mrs 4444's place for more Friday Fragment posts!

Mommy's Idea





13 comments:

Amy said...

I seem to know that mix. I keep trying to ignore the craptastic and concentrate on what's actually good. Sometimes it's easier than others.

I still have (ex) nieces and nephews that call me "aunt" too. My ex takes a huge fit whenever he hears it. I laugh. He can get glad in the same pants he got mad in right?

Congrats to the new safety guard!

Hugs lady!

Tara R. said...

LOVED the poster. I have the same attitude today.

Congrats on the certifications, that is so awesome. And Congrats to Elayna too being in Safety Patrol.

The Crazy Coxes said...

That's cool that you got to spend time with the nieces nd nephews! Congrats to Elayna. I love that picture of her!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I remember being a crossing guard. Hope she loves it. Wow, homecoming!
These are special days. How nice that you got to see her cousins.
Have a great weekend Cyndy :)
Love the frog!

Diane said...

I saw that frog on pinterest the other day and thought it was hilarious. We've all been there.

And I say that Ron White quote all the time. It's sad how true it is!

Unknown said...

That picture is so adorable, but the morbid part of me always wonders "is that critter actually alive?" LOL

I am so impressed that your getting all that training under your belt; what a wonderful opportunity, and it sounds like you have a great new employer! Woot!

That is awesome about Elayna's crossing guard achievement... I would be so proud if one of my kids were able to do that (we don't seem to have that sort of thing here up North, at least not in my town).

And I hear ya about 'ex' relatives... I heard a quote a long, long time about (I think it was from the movie 'Clueless'), that stated "You divorce your spouse, not your children" (in regards to why a former stepchild was still in the picture)... makes sense to me! :)

OHmommy said...

That is one super duper cute Safety Patroller! Congrats on her big accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that poster!

and congrats to elayna! monty was a SP too back in the day. i was so proud.

ChiTown Girl said...

Is it wrong that I want to put that frog on a t-shirt and then wear it everyday?

I love that you're still in touch with you "ex" nieces/nephews. My "ex" nephew is coming over for dinner tonight, so I totally understand where you're coming from on this one.

Being a patrol was one of my best memories from grade school. Back in the day, we were da bomb!

said...

I love the frog photo, in all its candor and aptness. I can completely relate. :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I've been a day late and dollar short for months now, so no judging here!!

I never was a safety patrol, but I don't think we had anything like that when I was a kid. Congrats Elayna!

Anonymous said...

I love that little card up at the top because I have felt like that so much lately! :) It sounds like you're doing great ... just running around like a typical mom and I totally feel that! Such a cute picture :)

Helene said...

OMG, I totally LOVE that image!!! Can I send it to a friend who I know will get a laugh out of it??

Love the pic of your daughter...her smile shows how much pride she has being a safety patrol!!!