9.15.2011

I Don't Know If I Can Yell Any Louder

I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Physically, emotionally, dysfunctionally.
It's been even more chaotic than usual around here.
It feels like being on a ship that keeps filling with water, and as soon as I plug one hole, another one pops up.
It's like one step forward and two steps back.
It's like my life is a giant whack-a-mole game.
I need a vacation. One that involves copious amounts of alcoholic beverages.
But, alas, that's not on the horizon, so I guess I'll just frag!

Mommy's Idea


I already decorated my house for fall/Halloween. I figure if the stores can do it, why can't I? This is my favorite time of year and I'm going to enjoy every moment. I have fall tarts burning, too. Mmmm....


It's that "special" time of the month (ugh) so I stocked up on chocolate at the grocery store today. So what do you think I'm craving?
Oatmeal raisin cookies.




The number of dogs in my possession has suddenly tripled. My neighbor's dogs got out today, and have been on the lam all day long. They've been in and out of our yard, and at one point they had Meep treed! (they're hunting dogs.) Finally tonight, I heard the distinctive beagle bark out in my yard. Two of the three were hanging around, and came right up to me. Since it was so late, I just put them on the screened porch with my boxer. Thankfully, she's the sweetest dog alive and is just thrilled to have two new friends visiting for the evening!



I made Mexican Lasagna for the first time tonight for dinner. It was so good, I posted the recipe on Southern Loving!



This video absolutely cracks me up, which gives you some insight into my twisted sense of humor. Love it!




That's all I got for ya, folks!
Have a great weekend, and
GO GATORS!!

21 comments:

diane rene said...

when I read the title, I immediately thought, "how many times have I kicked you out of here" ... love p!nk ♥.

it's funny, cuz once again, I feel like I could have written this post. I was just plotting out a post in my head about how chaotic things are right now ... aren't they supposed to settle back into a happy, MANAGEABLE chaos after the kids go back to school? I feel more swamped now than I did when the kids were home :/

I need some serenity

Erin said...

I hope things get less chaotic for you and soon!
Going to Hawaii next month, wanna come? I'm sure I can fit you in my carry on!

Stacy said...

I think I am on the same boat as you these days. The vacation with lots of alcohol is sounding pretty good about now. Can we add cute cabana boys to wait on us? ;)

Unknown said...

I have definitely been where you are. Hopefully, you'll get that vacation soon.

Love your blog, by the way!

Rae

Amy said...

I'm ready to go on a permanent vacation and leave my house to the kids since they're in destroy mode anyhow.

Vacation and alcohol sound great right now

Kay said...

i really hope life calms down for you or you get a break!! i get that, really i do!

my boxer loved having playmates also. but holy cow, those hunting critters are loud :-(

i really enjoy your dysfunctional MOMent meme, thanks for hosting that!! don't ever worry about being late, i was late to chime in myself ;-)

The Crazy Coxes said...

Mmmmmm..........Mexican Lasagna! I'm going to check that out. Just adding the neighbors dogs could triple the chaos!
It's NEVER to early to decorate for Fall!

Kat said...

It must be something in the air. My week has been completely crazy too. Here's hoping it slows down for both of us! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I need to get my decorations out!
Hope things calm down for you. Have a nice weekend.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I hope things get less chaotic for you. Eat a oatmeal cookie and drink a glass of wine and it should make everything better ;)

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

We sound like we are leading parallel lives right now!

Frogs in my formula said...

I love Halloween too and have been wanting to decorate, but I'm trying to postpone the enjoyment until the leaves start to change.

Sorry to hear life has been so chaotic. Chocolate and oatmeal raisin cookies sound like a good start...

Frogs in my formula said...

P.S. Love that Pink song. Gets me in a good singing mood every time.

Unknown said...

I think we need to start a mom's group for those of us who just need a bit of relaxation time... it sounds like everyone is experiencing too much chaos right now! I hope things settle for you (and everyone else)... yay, it's the weekend! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin - The Goat said...

Craving oatmeal raisin - figures, huh? I'm sure the chocolate won't go to waste lol

I hope that this weekend is the relief you need.

Claudya Martinez said...

I hope you feel spectacular very soon. I enjoyed a mimosa for dessert.

Unknown said...

Sounds like my crazy life for the last two years! Hope it starts to calm down a bit for you. :)

Emily said...

Okay, first of all, I see you DO know Mrs. 4444! (I emailed you) Right now I too am having my "special" time of the month, which makes all of my ills twice as bad.

I think I will frag this comment:

Right now I can hear the teenager who lives under me screaming to his mom and I wonder what I am in for as I recover from MY son's FIFTH birthday party from yesterday.

I hear my son coughing and wonder if he has picked up something from his "team", as one of his friends referred to the latest set of The Three Muskateers!

I have already bought my son's Halloween costume. Spider-Man, for the third year in a row. Halloween is a mix of joy and dread. My birthday is the 29th and I will be 42, God help me!

I have only done Friday Fragments a couple of times. I am usually too spent to do a Friday post, even though I have a whole list of FF to put up!

P.S. You do NOT have to comment back to me. (Read the email, hee, hee!)

said...

DITTO on the whole first section. And happy almost-fall! I can smell your tarts. :)

Brandy@YDK said...

i wanna decorate for fall. love it. the dolls in the video creeped me out. lol