3.29.2010

Weekend WrapUp: the Walk.


This Saturday was our March for Babies walk. Our team total for donations was $220, so we were only $30 short of our goal, and hope to have a few more donations coming in so that we will hit our goal of $250.
The weather was beautiful and the walk was a lot of fun! We walked 8.6 miles. I'm still a little sore!


Me & John, getting ready to walk


the crowd ahead of us....it was a record turn out this year!


Ambassador Avenue is where parents and preemie babies
hang out to greet and thank the walkers.



Memory Mile is where they put signs up
with names of babies who did not survive.



Memory Mile signs.


The Gator cheerleaders entertained the crowds after the walk was over.
Every year after the walk, we visit Baby JW's grave.

We bring flowers and/or balloons, and leave the roster from the walk.

It was a very nice walk, and it's always wonderful to see the babies who were born prematurely but are now thriving thanks to March for Babies!


On Sunday, we had a Palm Sunday service at our church. Our worship service was held outside, and the rain held out for us. Then we had dinner on the grounds. I made my World Famous Potato Salad.
After that we just relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the weekend!



This is the last week of work before our vacation! Hallelujah!!


Wishing you all a wonderful week! Join in if you'd like....
xoxo



11 comments:

cat said...

Congratulations on your walk! I really think it is wonderful how you two remember him - even if you never actually met him.

Liz Mays said...

I'm so glad you shared how it went with us!

Unknown said...

wow, Im just stopping by from the comment challenge but wow. That was a really touching post. Honestly I dont even know what to say.

Im kind of speechless... My best wishes and hopes for your happiness

Tracy

Myya said...

Beautiful post! I think I'd cry the whole walk... I am such a baby & that Memory Lane would get me. What an awesome thing!!! I did the Race for the Cure for quite a few years, I loved it! Oh & yep, I cried a ton. : )

Tara R. said...

You had a great turnout for the Walk, that's wonderful!

I really like the idea of Ambassador Ave. and getting a chance to meet the babies MoD may have helped.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Good for you for doing the walk!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day for the walk. So glad it went so well. Potatoes salad sounds awesome. I've never made any!

shortmama said...

So beautiful! Glad the weather cooperated for you guys!

Heather said...

Hey there! Found you on TMC! I'm going to have to check out your food blog "Southern Loving!" ;)

Following your blog now!

http://www.gerberdaysblog.com

C said...

soooooooooooooo cQQl, guys... and i love how you have lil matchbox cars for him on the tombstone. soo sweet. :'(

c

Seizing My Day said...

I have not read this part of your story!! amazing the things God walks/holds us through in our lives... I think I have some diggin to do on your blog?! =)

I love that they have a walk for those precious lives! Very precious that you walk every year... such a beautiful way to remember him too...

Jenn