11.30.2009

Weekend WrapUp 11.30.09


It's time to wrap up the weekend, and wrap up yet another month as well!
Friday was fantastically low-key. I slept in the morning, and vegged the rest of the day. John and Tim had to work, so the girls and I just hung out at the house. The neighbor kids came over and my friend came by to visit, so the house was full. Then it was time to go back to bed. I never got out of my pajamas. Bliss!

Saturday we slept in and then went to my parents' house for the Gator game. Both of the teenage kids brought friends along with them. My brother and sister and their whole families were there, so it was a full house. We watched the Seminoles get spanked!!!, ate lasagna, and had a great time. We also laughed at my mother, which is one of our favorite activities. The older she gets, the funnier she is, without meaning to be. She complains about us "picking on" her, but she loves the attention!
Shelbie & her friend took about 8,888 pictures of themselves. I'm looking for a good convent to send them to, any suggestions?



Sunday was church, and we had our Family Dedication. It was very simple and nice. Then we got home and put everyone to work cleaning the house. In my spare time *snort* I made chicken & dumplings and rice krispy treats for the Fifth Sunday Dinner at church, plus made spaghetti and meatballs for lunch. I rock like that.
Sunday evening we loaded up and went back to the church for dinner. One of our friends was complimenting me on the chicken & dumplings but ended up saying "Great job, Dumpling". So my new name is Dumpling, and they're picking on him pretty hard. One of Shelbie's friends had NEVER had chicken & dumplings, the poor child. He went back for THIRDS and was totally crushed to discover that they were all gone. So yeah, they were a hit.
And now, after all of that, I'm now at work. Just call me Superwoman!

Hope y'all had a great weekend, and don't forget to link up below!

~* Today is the last day of my UPrinting Thank You Card giveaway; I'll be posting the winner tomorrow, so be sure and enter if you haven't already!

12 comments:

cat said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! (Comparing to mine)

Unknown said...

how about sending those pictures to the "holy cow, that girl is too pretty" convent. i think they take applications to keep girls safe until the girls turn 25. haha!

sounds like you had a great weekend...i love having days when i don't get out of my pajamas!

Unknown said...

I love chicken and dumplings too!

C said...

i love chicken n dumplins, too... wanna share your recipe? sounds you had a family filled weekend which are just the best! nuttin wrong wiff staying in da P.J.'s, either. i do it all the time! hahahaha


c

tiarastantrums said...

you cook a lot of good stuff - I wish I could but my kids are so dang picky - they've never had chx and dumplings either

Heather said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! And lots of good food! ;)

xo

shortmama said...

Sounds like you had a very full weekend!

Karen in Texas said...

What a wonderful finish to a great weekend Cyndy. Glad your chicken and dumplings went over great at church too.

Just A Normal Mom said...

What? The chicken and dumplings are gone? I'm so sad. And that sounds so good! Haven't had it in ages! Great weekend you had.
***Ally

Helen McGinn said...

Mmmm...chicken and dumplings.....

Thank goodness for digital cameras, that's all I can say! x

Anonymous said...

Stoping by from SITS! My husband is a hugs Gators fan.

Erin said...

Sleep in??? Wait....what's that? I wonder if I will ever have that luxury again!
Sounds like you had a great weekend!
I LOVE the new look for winter! Complete with falling snow and all! I love it!