I think most all of us have pet peeves. I have a few relatively minor pet peeves. They annoy me, but they don't make me crazy or anything. Things like:
- the empty toilet paper roll being left in the holder
- when someone empties the ice trays and doesn't refill them
- not replacing the trash bag
- when someone starts a job, but doesn't finish it
- when someone chews with their mouth open/talks with their mouth full
- when someone moves any of my decorations a fraction of an inch
- I could go on...
OK, maybe some of those are a little
crazy neurotic OCD excessive. That's just how I roll.
But there's another pet peeve that I have that turns me into a raging madwoman. I seriously wanted to rip the limbs off of a certain person who did this thing last night. And I don't believe a jury in the land would convict me.
Do.not.EVER. come up to me at work, while I am CLEARLY on the phone, clearly having a conversation with the person on the other end of the line, and start talking to me as if you are the only person on earth. In my opinion, this is equivalent to saying "I am far more important than you or the other person on the other end of the line, so start listening to me. NOW." It's arrogant, and unbelievably RUDE.
Since I work with nurses, we discussed it and decided that the ripping off of the arms would really adversely affect their nursing skills. So next time this person, or anyone else, does it, I will simply rip off a leg. She can limp around and still do her job. And then, perhaps, she'll have learned her lesson!
What pets your peeve?