5.20.2008

Babble-On

I barely know which end is up these days! Things have been so busy, at home and at work. I haven't had time to post or read many blogs, and I'm so behind. I miss reading your blogs and hope to catch up very soon.
I forgot to mention this in my last post, but at the same festival I mentioned in that post, I found out that a former boss of mine had died. (it was a really emotional festival! geez)
When my ex and I first seperated, I got a job cleaning houses. It's not easy to rejoin the workforce after being a SAHM for years. But my friend worked for this guy cleaning houses, and got me a job there. I expected to hate it, but I loved it, and the boss was part of the reason for that. He was hilarious, and I worked directly with him and another girl much of the time. We had way too much fun. He was an awesome boss. He finally sold the business and fully retired, and died 2 months later from complications post-heart surgery. I still can't quite believe it.
But otherwise, life is good. As of yesterday I have lost 62½ lbs. 62½ POUNDS, peeps! Gone forever. I am still amazed. I have met goals and I weigh less than I have in a very long time. I'm incredibly happy and proud of myself! I am working very hard and it's paying off. I eat very healthy foods and I feel good about treating my body better than I ever have. I drink water and skim milk only. I've never eaten this healthy in my life! I watch others eating desserts and crap food and am so thankful I made this change in my life.
NONE of my clothes fit, I'm going to do a little shopping this weekend. I hate to buy much, since it'll be too big in a couple of weeks, but it's getting ridiculous...I look like a clown! I'm not bragging......oh hell, maybe I am!
I've also inspired two co-worker/friends to get help with their weight loss efforts. Yay!
This weekend, we're planning on going camping in St Augustine. But, it's Memorial Day weekend and I'm not having much luck finding a campsite. So if you're in the area and you see a tent on the side of the road, honk & wave!
We had planned on going for Mother's Day weekend, but the van needed a tire and the kid needed glasses. So, that took priority, because of this whole "we're grown-ups now" thing. WhatEVER!
But this weekend should be a go. And that's good; I'm very much in need of a get-away.
And I am SO going shopping!
That's the recap; hopefully I'll get back in the swing of blog life very soon.
xoxo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the GREAT work!

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome that your now inspiring others!! Keep up the good work!!

Gen said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Are we going to get to see some before and after pics?

Tara R. said...

Congrats! Have fun getting a new wardrobe... have a wonderful weekend.

LunaNik said...

OMG that's wonderful!! Bravo girlfriend, bravo!!! I think it's amazing that you have made such a positive and healthy change in your lifestyle. You truly are an inspiration!