4.07.2011

Awards, Festivals, & Chupacabras - Oh My!


Mommy's Idea

I can't believe it's Friday already, this week flew by!




We live out in the woods now, and so far we have seen wild turkeys, rabbits, a deer....and a mysterious unknown animal. We're pretty sure it's a chupacabra.



We have a fun weekend planned. The littles have a soccer game tomorrow, then we're planning on taking the kids to lunch at a new pizza buffet place.
Saturday night, John and I are going out for our anniversary.
On Sunday after church, we're going to our town's Spring Festival. I love weekends like this! Simple, but fun.




I got a blog award this week! I love me some Katertot. Here's the award:



And I have to list 7 Facts about myself.
Hmmm....here goes.

1. I love to vacuum. It's a sickness, I know.
2. I eat way too many Whopper's Robin Eggs at this time of year.
3. My 18 year old son is drawing and coloring a bunny rabbit right now. Don't ask me why.
4. My anniversary with hubby is on Saturday! 6 years.
5. My toenails are almost always painted purple. It's my favorite color, and that way I'm always wearing purple. It makes me smile.
6. It's taking me almost an hour to come up with these seven things.
7. I love camping. We haven't camped in forever and I am SO ready to go again!






The song of the week is from my girl T-Swizzle! The girls & I have been jamming to this one all week. Enjoy!




21 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Simple but fun weekends are the best!

Congrats on the award. Fun. Robin Eggs are my weakness this time of the year, too. I just can't say no.

Karen and Gerard said...

Hope you are enjoying the wildlife there. Those awards are so time-consuming--I'd rather not get them anymore but congrats! Weekends are the best--sounds like fun!

Stopping by from FF.

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

Simple but busy weekend! Happy Anniversary!

Jene said...

Happy anniversary!

Love the Chupacabra reference, are you a big X-Files fan? Love me some Fox Mulder.

I don't think you're ever too old to color!

Happy Friday!

Kay said...

woohoo, you found a house!! i must have missed that post, i have not been keeping up with my reading.

i like your list, just not vacuuming. wish you were closer ;-) no wait, i have a boy who does that.

i like your weekend plans. we would love to live in the woods, it's my hubby's dream. how much fun is that to see all the wildlife??!!

Kay said...

woohoo, you found a house!! i must have missed that post, i have not been keeping up with my reading.

i like your list, just not vacuuming. wish you were closer ;-) no wait, i have a boy who does that.

i like your weekend plans. we would love to live in the woods, it's my hubby's dream. how much fun is that to see all the wildlife??!!

Donna said...

I like to vacuum too. In fact, I just got a new, PURPLE vacuum! I also like simple, fun weekends. Happy anniversary!

cat said...

Oh we love camping too - just had one a few weeks ago. I fyou want to read:http://juggelingactoflife.blogspot.com/2011/03/antoher-great-weekend-camping.html

C said...

happy or should i say HOPPY anniversary to you guys!!!!! have a great weekend, being simple but fun. i too love taylor swift, i hadnt heard this one so thanks!!!

Brandy@YDK said...

i heart taylor swift.

Helene said...

Sounds like a busy weekend but definitely filled with lots of fun!

I love those Whoppers Robins Eggs too...in fact, sometimes I eat so many that my tongue gets all sore!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Kat said...

It sounds like your new place is lovely! Well, except for the chupacabras! HA! I saw a Destination Truth where they were searching for the Chupacabra. Hehe!

Hope you have a wonderful ANNIVERSARY weekend!
Happy Anniversary! :)

Shell said...

Aw, you're in such a good mood.

I'm cranky from a week of sick kids, so perhaps I should excuse myself. ;)

Have fun this weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a busy weekend.
Happy Anniversary, have a great time!

Myya said...

Happy Anniversary. Mine is on Sunday (7 years). :)

Wanna come vacuum my house, I will TOTALLY let you... you may have to pick up A LOT in order to do it though LOL.
Easter candy is the worst... it gets me every year, for many many months!
Adorable that your son is coloring a bunny rabbit... nothing wrong with wanting to act like a kid whenever you can.
I love painted toenails, I always have mine painted some sort of pink.
I want to go camping too, it has been way too long!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a great weekend!

Quirky Homemaker said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I was trying to get through that whole FF list last night and just got tired. And went to bed. Happy 6th Anniversary. Have fun at soccer and congrats on your award!!! It always takes me so long to write 7 things too. Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!

Amy said...

Oh, I am SO sorry that I clicked that chupacabra link. LOL!

Happy Anniversary!

Claudya Martinez said...

I should totally get an unknown animal as a pet, but I ain't gettin' no chupacabra.

Mrs4444 said...

After Kendall's birthday party next weekend, I am going to get back to some good-old BORING weekends--I am so overdue!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Unknown said...

I friggin' love T-Swizzle. And, I'm 100% gonna be calling her that forever. Kinda like how I like to call Justin Timberlake J-Money. It's because we're close like that:)