10.19.2009

Weekend Wrap-Up


It's Monday, time to wrap up our weekend.

~~~* On Friday, my husband took the kids to the homecoming parade. I was just too tired to go. Then Friday night, my oldest son Tim (16) cooked dinner! Totally voluntarily, we got home and he just started cooking. I felt very spoiled that day. He made chicken fettucini alfredo with garlic bread. Yum!

~~~* On Saturday, we went to my parents' house to watch the Florida vs. Arkansas game, which gave us wrinkles, gray hairs, and indigestion. The Gators won at the very end but OMG, what a close, nail-biter game!

~~~* On Sunday, we went to church, and then to our small town's Harvest Festival. It was on Main Street, which is just a couple of blocks from our house. When it was over, we all sat outside and watched the horse-drawn carriage ride by our house. Good times! Afterwards we went to "Small Group", which is what our church does on Sunday night. We meet at the home of a couple (who we both really like) and the kids all go to their own small groups. We discuss that morning's message and anything else we want to talk about. We really enjoy it.
I also got to experience a Keurig Coffee System for the first time. WANT!

~~~* Now it's the beginning of another week of work and sports every night! The temps have dropped quickly here; it's 50 degrees right now. I was freezing tonight at softball practice! DO NOT WANT!
So our Meatless/Meatfree Monday DysFUNctional Dinner was pancakes & hot chocolate. According to my kids, I am the best Mom ever. WIN!
Wishing everyone a good week!

15 comments:

melissa said...

you have a good week too, honey!!
xoxo

Erin said...

Sounds like a really relaxing weekend....despite the nail biting foot ball game...wish I could say that about my NFL team. Ahh well!

shortmama said...

Our temps are dropping Tuesday...to 83 from 102 on Saturday!

That Janie Girl said...

Might I borrow the fettucini cooker, please?

Unknown said...

Those Kuerig things ROCK big time. GOSH I love them

GypsiAdventure said...

I'm glad you had such a nice weekend - it sounds lovely! Pancakes and hot chocolate sound like a great start to the week...hope the rest is as cheery as dinner! :)
~K

Kat said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. And ditto on the temps. It has been so nasty cold around here. I am SO SICK of it. Blah.

Allison said...

Sounds like a great weekend and there is nothing better than breakfast for dinner! Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Astaryth said...

Didn't that cold weather just like come out of nowhere and wack us!?! I wouldn't mind so much if I could sit in the warm house and only go out if I want, but the horses thought it was cold too. Cold weather for me equals extra work with horses inside the barn at night and blankets, and stall cleaning and picking up extra hay..... Bring back my warm weather LOL!

Momisodes said...

Wow. 50 degrees is definitely cold for down there.

Sounds like it was a busy weekend! The fettuccini sounds lovely :)

Hope you have a great week, too!

Brandy said...

Your teen rocks! Mine cut on the oven two weeks ago - that's about as much as I get. LOL!

And I hear ya' on the cold weather. It was in the 30's here Saturday night during a band competition. Brrrrrrrr!

Jenners said...

Oh My ... I just want my son to grow up so he can cook me dinner like that!! How awesome that he cooked ... and unasked! You are doing something right!

Mariah said...

Whoa did I read that right??? Your 16 year old cooked dinner voluntarily???

Claudya Martinez said...

Pancakes and hot chocolate! I want some.

Julia said...

I love that quote from dr suess. You have a great blog here. fun to read. I can be a scary mommy sometimes...okay most of the time too.

visiting from SITS